Chapter 19 Threats

Xavier was practically on Monday when he told everyone that I said yes to being his girlfriend. Ivy and Audrey were also over the moon, each of them giving me a bone-crushing hug.

"So what did you think of the whole date set up?" Ivy asked excitedly.

We were all standing by my locker, waiting for the first bell to ring. Xavier refused to take his hands off of me, currently, he had one arm slung over my shoulders squishing Mr into his side.

"I loved it, it was like a fairytale," I told the girls.

Ivy and Audrey high-fived each other before saying an 'I told you so' to the boys.

"Xavier was clueless about what to do for your date so Ivy and I set up the whole thing," Audrey explained. "He was going to do like dinner and a movie but even as a werewolf I knew that that was a stupid date."

"It was the first thing that came up when I googled date ideas," Xavier said trying to defend himself.

I giggled silently to myself as to not hurt Xavier's feelings. "I would have been happy on nay date as long as it was with you."

English seemed to pass in a blur today. Andrew wasn't here today so I didn't have to worry about his creepy looks. But this also meant that I would be alone in biology today, which I guess was good because it gave me time to study without him flirting with me.

I was busy highlighting some key points in my notebook when the bell for lunch rang. I was trying to stuff my textbook and pencil case into my backpack and walk all at once. I was so focused on not squishing my notes that I didn't even see the person waiting for me just before the stairwell.

A hand grabbed my elbow in a tight grip and quickly pulled me into an empty classroom.

"What the hell?" I asked. I yanked my elbow out of their grip, pushing evening into my open backpack.

"You need to be more careful, Addison," Andrew rolled his eyes at me.

"What are you doing?" I was more mad than confused right now. "I thought you weren't here today."

"I had some things I had to take care of," Andrew said simply. "But didn't forget about you."

"What do you want, Andrew?" I demanded.

This whole thing wasn't sitting right with me, something was off. It gave me the same feeling as when Mr. Davis pulled me into that empty classroom last week and told me to be careful.

"Just to see how you are."

"Why do you care?"

"I thought that it was a little weird that your first week here and you're sitting with Xavier and his pack," Andrew spit out the word like it was poison. "But now it's starting to make sense."

"What are you on about?" I crossed my arms over my chest, my half-open backpack hanging by my side.

"Do you always sleep with your bedroom windows open?" Andrew looked me in the eyes.

"I'm leaving." I couldn't stand to stay here a second longer.

"I think that it would be best if you didn't tell your boyfriend about this conversation," Andrew said as I pushed past him.

"And why would I listen to you?" I seethed whipping my head around to glare him down.

"You have your mother's eyes," Andrew said ignoring my question. "Bright, blue and full of life."

I stood there frozen in my spot. My feet felt numb. How did Andrew know my mom? What game was he playing at?

Andrew took a feel slow steps over towards me until he was right beside me. He leaned down until I could feel his breath on my ear. "You already know the pain of losing one parent, Addison. Don't make it two."

And with that Andrew left the room, leaving me scared and confused.

I know that I should tell Xavier what happened, but I can't risk hurting my mom. She's all I have.

I took a deep breath before pulling myself together and making my way downstairs for lunch. Everyone else was already sitting at the table when I got there.

"Why do you smell like Andrew?" Xavier asked immediately.

"I sit next to him in biology," I lied smoothly.

"I thought that he wasn't here today?" Ivy asked confused.

"He showed up for bio," I shrugged my shoulders. "And we were studying together so that's probably why I smell like him, I kept leaning over to look at his notes."

"Well I still don't like it," Xavier grumbled nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck.

"Addie you're just in time!" Cecelia laughed changing the topic. "I was just telling everyone how wonderful your mom was."

I felt myself tense up a little bit at the mention of my mom.

"Un," I cleaned my throat nervously. "Yeah, she's the best. She was already asking when you'd be over next, Cecelia."

Cecelia launched into the full story of how my mom helped do my hair and makeup on Saturday, and also how funny she was. She made sure to tell everyone about how my mom pulled out my baby book and flipped through it, telling Cecelia every single detail about each photo and what I was like as a kid.

The bell rang shortly after, cutting Cecelia off mid-story about how I used to run around y house in nothing but a diaper, I couldn't have been more happy.

Mr. Davis was absent from history today, I felt a weight come off my shoulders that I didn't even know was there.

"Hi everybody, my name is Mrs. Smith and I'll be your substitute teacher today because Mr. Davis had some things to take care of," she started. "You teacher left a lesson plan for today. It looks like we'll be covering ancient war strategies and battles that helped to shape our history and society into what it is today."

Even though he wasn't here, I still felt like Mr. Davis was watching me.

----

Hi!
This chapter is a
little shorter,
but please bear with me!

So!
what do you guys
think about Andrew?
Would you have taken
his threat seriously?
or would you have told
Xavier if you were in
Addison's shoes?
Let me know!