24

,,Where is mother?", Daniela asks her sister and Bela furrows her eyebrows.
,,I don't know. But what happened? Cassandra, are you okay?".
,,Taking in perspective that I almost died, no", the girl that is still lying in your arms mumbles ,,He smashed a window. It was so cold…".
,,We should bring you somewhere where you can rest", Bela says as she walks over to you and Daniela nods.
,,I'll go search for Alcina", you say and gain a sceptical glance from the red-haired girl.
,,Are you sure? That man is-".
,,Going to die if he crosses my path", you interrupt her and get up when Bela has her arms wrapped around Cassandra to hold her.

,,That man doesn't scare me."
,,Still, be careful please", Daniela says and you send her a short smile. 
,,You too though".

With that you turn around and take a deep breath, not looking back as you head along the corridor and your hand tightens to a fist. Ethan really dares to call Alcina names and then try to kill one of her daughters in order to get his back. 
Words and trying to sort things out with talking seemingly don't exist in this man's head. Of course he has a right to be mad but murder isn't exactly the correct answer.

,,Alcina… Where are you…", you mumble and look left and right, throw short glances into the rooms and even call for her once, yet no sigh of her.
A feeling of nervousness grows in your chest and a shaky breath leaves your mouth.
,,Alcina?", you yell again. No answer.

And then.

,,What have you done to my daughter?!".

Your eyes widen, you increase the speed of your steps until you start running after her voice that is filled with hurt and a loud thud, as if something heavy fell to the ground, comes to your ears.

,,As if you care, you cold hearted monster", you hear Ethan shout really close to you and a second later your eyes fall onto him, standing in front Alcina who is kneeling on the floor with a wound bleeding her shoulder.
He is holding a dagger in his hand, his shoulders are raising rapidly with his breaths and you freeze with sudden fear overtaking your body.
What did he do to tho the daughters? And what did he do to her?

Her head is tilted toward the floor so she can't see you and you watch how Ethan slowly raises the arm with the dagger in his hand. Alcina doesn't even move and you immediately realize what he wants to do.

,,Get the fuck away from her", you shout uncontrollably loud and he turns to you with an expression of shock in his eyes.
You use it moment of distraction to run up to him and slam your entire body into his, causing him to stumble back and as he falls he drops the dagger to the floor.
With a swift move you grab it from the floor and you take step back so you're between him and Alcina.

,,She still has my daughter!", he then says, eyeing the knife that you're pointing at him as he pulls out a glock from beneath his jacket ,,Give me that back or I'll shoot".
But what did he need the knife for if he has a gun?
You stare at the man and your fist clenches tightly, yet he never got the chance to shoot.

After everything that happened today, the loss of your friends and the build up of emotions, you're blind of anger and now that he is putting Alcina and her daughters to danger, even hurting Cassandra and her, you simply don't care anymore.

It only takes you a split second to raise the knife, you take a step forward and slam the blade right into his shoulder before he could even react. Then into his chest, his stomach, every single place you can reach. 
His cries fill the air and blood splatters everywhere. Still, you continue until your arm starts feeling weak and you notice him sway a little.
He drops his gun and groans loudly, trying to hold his wounds and you just stare at him with your dress covered in his blood.
You use his state of pain to grab the glock from the floor now as well, you take a step back again with your chest raising and falling rapidly.