Chapter 21

Knock-knock-knock-knock-knock

What the fuck?

"Katia! Get your arse up were gonna be late!"

"Calm your tits Jane we still got-" checking the clock, 8:14 am, "oh shit!"

This routine was surprisingly normal for us, Jane: the annoyingly early riser, always waking me up around ten minutes before the train leaves. Me: the somewhat normal teenager, who is trapped in a world where she can't get up whenever she damn pleases.

"I swear to god! Katia, if your arse isn't out here in the next thirty seconds I'm going to drag void out of your body by your bloody toes!"

I'd like to see her try. I've spent the last two years trying my best to get rid of that bitch.

"Your literally calling yourself a bitch by calling me one....bitch"

"Shut up Void!" I whisper-yelled. Esme still has no idea about void and i don't plan on her finding out that my dark magic has an annoying personality.

I quickly threw on my dull uniform, white shirt, navy skirt, navy blazer and a pair of black converse which are definitely not in shoe regulations at my school. Not like it matters, last time I turned up was around three weeks ago. I quickly stuff a pair of washed out baggy beans and a Metallica t-shirt into my mostly empty backpack before dashing out the door into the hallway.

As I sped into the kitchen, a disapproving look came from Esme.

I turned to Jane. "How the hell did she find out?!"

"What? Finding out that you haven't been in school for three weeks or finding out that you have been secretly practicing your magic behind my back and therefore putting yourself and us in danger?" Esme's tone was calm, and it was unnerving.

"Ok, I'm sorry for the magic, it wasn't anything that could be traced by Ross or hydra. Just a litter bit of pyrokinesis to put my mind at ease. The school thing......yeah I have nothing for that one."

"Did you think I wouldn't find out? Katia, I'm an ex-spy. I know everything."

I couldn't reply, purely due to guilt that I'm hiding so much that could end up putting them in danger if they knew. If Void got any stronger, she may exert too much power for me to control, dark magic, rendering my control useless and leading Ross and possibly hydra right to us.
"ok, get going. you're going to be late." Esme said before wrapping one arm around each of us and kissing the top of our heads.