s i c k

They are at the end of their junior year so 17 but before ffh

As soon as Nicolas woke up that morning he knew there was no way he was getting out of bed. His head was hurting, his throat was sore and scratchy and he felt hot but cold at the same time.

When he took off his blanket he felt cold but when he covered himself again he felt hot.

He decided to take off his clothes except his boxers before going back under the covers where he finally found some kind of peace.

Just as he was about to go back to sleep his phone rang and he groaned. He was about to ignore it but then he saw Kai's face flash and he immediately grabbed it.

"Hello?" He groaned out.

"Nicolas? Are you okay? Why aren't you at school? You sound sick?" Kai's panicked voice rang out and a small smile flickered on Nicolas's face.

"M'okay, just bit sick." Nicolas mumbled.

"Nicolas, go back to sleep okay?" Kai said and then he hung up and Nicolas frowned in confusion at his phone but he was too tired to question it so he threw it somewhere behind him before burying his face in his pillow.

-

When he woke up again he felt a cold towel on his forehead and a hand running through his hair.

"Ugh who the fuck is it?" He said not even caring that it could be his mother.

Not that she would make the effort to do this.

"Nic!" Kai scolded and Nicolas snapped one eye open and when he saw his angel a smile bloomed on his face.

"Sorry, didn't know it was you." He mumbled, closing his eyes once again.

"Nicolas, you gotta wake up now." Kai said, softly shaking him making a whiny sound come out of Nicolas, shocking both of them.

"But I don't feel good." He said with a pout and Kai smiled.

"I know you don't feel good but you have to eat yeah? I made you some soup. Come on." Kai encouraged him as he grabbed his hand and pulled him up.

When the blanket fell on Nicolas's lap Kai's eyes widened as his cheek noticeably flushed at the sigh of a practically naked Nicolas.

"Um-You should go brush your teeth and stuff and I'll go heat up the soup." Kai said and Nicolas groaned but nodded his head.

When Kai hurriedly left the room Nicolas forced himself to grab a pair of grey sweats before moving to the bathroom.

When he was done he walked back out with the sweats riding low on his hips, he was too lazy to pull them back up and he liked seeing Kai's cheeks coated in a blush.