NINE ; STONE GIANTS

¤¤¤

¤¤¤

With Thorin's uneasiness in Rivendell, he rounded up his company while the Elves and Wizards were speaking, and they all snuck out of Imladris.

Magauna didn't like the idea of leaving Gandalf behind, as they all knew what happened the last time they were without him, but she had a feeling he would catch up to them if something were to go wrong.

But as soon as a storm racked the sides of the mountain they traveled on, she regretted leaving Rivendell.

"We must find shelter!" Thorin said over the downpour of rain.

"And how do you suggest we do that!?" Magauna yelled back with unpleasant attitude. She couldn't tell if Thorin had glared back at her, but she didn't care if he had or not. She was too focused on not slipping down the side of the mountain, and keeping Bilbo away from the edge.

Then, Dwalin shouted very suddenly, right after Magauna heard the sound of stone against stone. "LOOK OUT!" He yelled.

They all looked up, seeing a giant bolder flying towards them, they ducked nonsensedly as it hit the sides of the mountain above them, and broke to pieces, which fell around them. Bifur's 'hold on!' was barely audible.

Magauna looked around, trying to figure out where the boulder had come from, when she caught a looked something she never thought she would. "This isn't a thunderstorm!" She yelled to the others. "It's a thunder-battle! Look!" She pointed in the near distance, and everyone turned in that direction.

There, stood two enormous stone giants, which were engaged in a battled with one another.

"Well bless me!" Bofur said in awe. "The legends are true! Giants! Stone giants!"

The giants continued to throw large rocks and boulders at one another, and Magauna knew they shouldn't be there at that time. Thorin thought the same, for he yelled for everyone to take cover.

The mountain they stood on began to crack, and within seconds it completely broke apart from the cliff, revealing that it too was a stone giant. It left the mountain, and joined in the battle with other two giants. The company became separated from each other, and found themselves scrambling to reunite as the stone giants fought. Magauna had lost sight of Bilbo in the crusade, and sat on the cliff with her back pushed against the mountain, making herself as small as she could to avoid the boulders that still showered them.

It was several minutes before the stone giant's fight was finished, but none of the company bothered to see which had won, and wasted no time in getting back together.

"We're alright! We're alive!" Balin exclaimed while Magauna was looking around frantically with a worried expression on her face.

"Where's Bilbo?!" She said. "The Hobbit, where's the Hobbit?!"

The dwarves realized he was missing from the group of them, and began to look around as well. They soon found him over the edge of the mountain, holding onto the cliff with his hands, trying very hard to not fall.