The Battle with Thanos

Author's Note: 40,000 reads?! Ok, wow. You guys are INCREDIBLE. Honestly. There's going to be at least 1 more part after this, maybe 2, but this story is coming to an end! If you haven't had the chance yet, please check out my second story on here as well! Continue to comment and vote for your favorite parts; I love reading all of your thoughts :) x

You and Loki nod, planning to enjoy your few days of solace, before the inevitable call from Tony.

The next morning, you wake-up to sounds in the kitchen, and an empty space in the bed next to you. Then the heavenly smell of food hits you, to which you gladly get out of bed for.

When you walk into the kitchen, you see Loki, "There you are. Morning." You look at what Loki's preparing. "Uh, pasta? For breakfast?"

Loki chuckles as he stirs, "Lunch, actually. It's nearly 2pm, love." 

You turn and check the clock, "Oh." You hop up on the counter, on the other side of the sink, "Well, someone kept me up last night, so I blame them."

Loki drains the pasta and turns completely to you while it cools, "Must have been horrible."

You're hungry, but also feel like pushing some of his buttons, "Eh. Somewhere around satisfied."

His face goes from grin to completely serious, "That's...." Loki moves so he's now an inch from your face.

The grin is now on your face instead, "Yes?" You move your lips closer to his.

"You infuriate me, Cassidy," Loki says placing both of his hands on the counter on either side of you.

"Hm. Must be why you married me," you bite the inside of your bottom lip.

Loki crashes his lips on yours, pulling you closer to him on the edge of the counter.

You break the kiss, "I kind of wanted that pasta though..."

Loki lifts you around his waist, "That'll be dinner instead."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later as you're eating, Loki looks to you from his bowl, "Well, how is it?"

"Very satisfied," you take another fork-full.

Loki raises his eyebrows, taking another himself.

"On both accounts," you smirk and take a drink.

"I plan on maintaining that rating," Loki wipes his mouth with a napkin.

"Good," you squint your eyes at him.

Loki keeps staring at you. "Ha. What is it?" you stand with your plate.

"I love you," Loki simply says.

"And I love you," you take his bowl from him after seeing that he's finished.

When you get back to the living room, you notice that Loki's mood has switched. "Hey," you sit next to him. 

Without having to ask, Loki starts talking, "If I'm at the tower, I will not be able to protect you."

"I'll be in the base, not fighting," you try to reassure Loki.

"That will not stop him, Cass. I can't...." Loki's hands clench in his lap.

You move off of the couch and sit on the coffee table in front of him, taking his hands in one of yours, while your other hand goes to his cheek.

Loki brings his eyes to you, "I...I can't lose you."

Your eyes fill with tears, "Loki...." Your thumb begins to make circles on his cheek.