Prologue

"UWAAAH! MAMA!" 

A loud noise suddenly interrupted a one peaceful night. The kids who were sleeping peacefully were alarmed by that voice. It was already 3:00 a.m. and it was still dark outside, some kids were complaining about the noise.

Who would dare to destroy their peaceful sleep?

It was none other than Conny.

Which is also me.

"WAHHHH! MAMA! MAMA!" I shouted as I started to cry louder. The nightmare that haunted me in my dreams, the more that I remember it, the more that I wanted to cry. It wasn't just a simple nightmare after all.

Because what haunted me is my future.

"MAMA! MAMA! HUHUH" I continued to cry.

"Conny?! Why are you crying?" Anna, a girl with two braided hair asked me. She looked at me with a worried face. "Conny? What happened? Why are you crying?" She asked me again. She gently pats my back to calm me down.

This girl... I know her. I know her name, but seeing her face didn't actually calm me, it just helped me to confirm something...

"Mama... *heuk*" I uttered. "MAMA! WAHHH"

"Anna? What happened to Conny?" A voice of a girl suddenly asked. The door suddenly opened and a boy-- wait, it's a girl. An orange-haired girl suddenly entered the room. She immediately comes in my direction as she cupped my face. "Why are you crying again? Conny?" 

"M-mama" I only replied. Her familiar appearance put me in awe. 

"I didn't know what happened but it seems Conny had a nightmare" Anna replied to Emma. "Conny, here drink some water" Anna handed me a glass of water, although my hands were trembling I tried to accept it to also calm myself.

"You're right, she really looks scared" The orange-haired girl replied. "It's alright Conny, we are here. You don't have to be afraid"

I quickly dried my tears while looking at the two friendly girls. "Ma-Mama" I uttered. 

"Shall we call Mom?"

"No need Emma, Mom probably heard Conny" Norman, a white-haired boy behind Emma replied gently. 

"Right! But I wonder what type of nightmare did Conny dreamed of? Can you tell me, Conny?" Emma asked me. My body started to tremble, I don't know what to reply.

"M-mama..." I replied with hesitations. Everyone looked at me with curiosity. I started to fidget my palms. "M-monster's... E-eating me. There are monsters here! They will eat me *heuk* Emma, it's scary!"

"Eh? Monster?"

"Monsters aren't real" A voice of a boy suddenly said. I glanced at the boy who has long bangs covering his face. His hair is black and he is looking at me. "Here," he said, he picked up a bunny stuffed toy from the floor as he hands it to me.

"B-but, I saw it. Their eyes look vivid, they are huge and... and..." I couldn't continue my words. I am terrified. "They wanted to eat me, they said they will take my brain away because it was delicious... I-I'm scared!"

"Fufu, what a silly dream you have, My sweet Conny" I suddenly heard a voice from the door. A woman who is wearing a maid outfit suddenly entered. "Don't worry, it's not real"

"B-but..."

The woman carried me in her arms, she smiled warmly at me before kissing my forehead. "Ray is right, Conny. Monsters aren't real, and if they're real I will protect you, Okay?" The woman said gently as she hugs me. "Aww, you were also like this when you were only three"