24. Marshmallows

Athena

I couldn't keep my mouth closed. What the fuck is he doing out in this raging storm?!

His facial features relaxed from dread seeing me, his whole large form of the suit and hair wet from the dense downpour.

His grey eyes suddenly eyed the bat I had in my grasp, making me realize I was still holding it. I quickly threw it across the room and continued to stare.

I didn't know what to say. I was so confused. What is he doing here? Is he mad for coming here in this hurricane? What is he doing here again?

Ace slowly backed off into the heavy thundershower, finally making me get my senses back. Why is he going back into that dangerous shit?

"Ace, what the fuck are you doing?! Get in!" I rushed out and grabbed his arm, pulling him into the house.

Jesus, his suit was soaking wet.

He got in without saying anything and I closed the door, not letting in more cold air.

"What were you thinking Ace? Walking out in this terrible storm like that?! I can't believe you, Jesus Christ, what would have happened if you got struck by a bolt of lightning or something? Use your brain and not that ego, any human could get hurt in this, goddammit." I muttered furiously, walking around the house for him to change into anything.

A memory suddenly struck me. I had once bought sweatpants that were double my size. That must fit him.

I looked back at Ace who stood by the door transfixed, his grey eyes watching every move of mine like a hawk.

Is he in shock?

"Go take a bath before you catch a cold, I will bring you some clothes. I don't have much, but you will be warm." I said quickly again, rushing around the house for a candle in the darkness, which only brightened when a flash of lightning made its way across the stormy black sky.

I winced when I heard a low rumble of thunder. No thunders, I hate the monstrous roar of thunders.

"....Ace?" Now I was actually staring at him while I stood my ground. Why wasn't he moving? Why wasn't he responding? Has he already caught a cold?

"Ace? Ace!" I grabbed his broad shoulders and shook his soaked form vigorously, snapping his grey eyes from mine.

"Hmm?" What the..?! "Ace, I said to go take a bath. Here, take the candle." I said slowly, a bit creeped out by his weird behavior.

Ace, surprising me, took the lighted candle from my hands and walked away, covering the floor I cleaned with wet splotches. 

Ugh.

He went straight towards my bedroom without even hesitating. How did he know the bathroom was there?

I stared at his retreating form and shrugged. Maybe the cold rain gave him a brain freeze.

I searched through my almost empty closet and found the extra double-sized sweatpants I bought accidentally and a thin blanket. That's it.

Oh well. Maybe I shouldn't have cleaned out the clothes section when I shifted to the mansion.

I placed it on the bed just when I heard the shower running. It must be cold water. I shivered at the thought and moved to the kitchen to make something warm for him.

With chocolate. That will surely help him.

I had enough ingredients for hot chocolate with marshmallows, so that's what I made. By the time I placed two cups of it on the coffee table in the living room and mopped the floor dry, again, Ace walked out of the bedroom, looking hot as ever with that wet hair and sweatpants only.