Chapter 21: Eclipse

Days passed after the incident with the holocrons. Even though the queen was supposed to go home long ago, she refused to leave now that Obi Wan was still healing. She'd visit him daily in the jedi temple as his ribs healed and his body returned to normal. Even after everything, the masters still didn't suspect them. They'd merely seen it as an act of a doctor, as a friend that'd tried to help the one man that'd saved her planet. They couldn't sense the bond as it only strengthened its branches, up to the point that they could feel each other's emotions even though they were miles apart.

In the meantime, she'd continued her training with the other masters and helped them gain knowledge of her culture. It seemed that with the shared trauma they'd learned to understand and maybe respect one another. Much to Lyanna's surprise, even Master Windu appeared to have abandoned his superstitions. He even took the time to show Lyanna some of the tricks he'd use to resist the dark side.

What they didn't know was that most of the time she continued her research on the Aether, diving into books to find out what the visions meant and if she could find the temple she'd seen. Now, she was standing in front of the window in her quarters, looking out over the city and to the setting sun as her mind raced. She hadn't been able to find it yet, but she knew of one who would be able to help her. The only problem was that he was still residing in the med bay where healers and droids monitored their conversations day and night.

Or, so she thought.

"I hope you're not thinking of burning it all down." The cheekiness in his voice made her recognize him in merely seconds. She scoffed, listening as his footsteps drew near.

"I'm close, but not yet."

"Aren't we all?" After she'd turned around, her eyes met his as he smiled and crossed his arms before his chest. She took a moment to admire him, the way his hair was tousled and his eyes still held the same liveliness it always did. Even after all he'd been through, the jedi master before her always seemed to get back on his feet. She wondered how much he'd been through already and how much more he could take. His strength was admirable, but dangerous at the same time.

"Aren't you supposed to be healing in the med bay?" Narrowing her eyes, she stepped closer to him until she was right in front of his body.

"Aren't you supposed to be in Valeria?"

"Touché." She chuckled and then stood up on her toes, kissing him softly on the lips. He didn't even hesitate to wrap his arms around her, holding the back of her neck firmly to keep her near. When she stumbled slightly on her feet she'd tried to hold herself steady, resulting in her placing her hand against his chest to regain her balance.

"Ouch." Obi Wan drew back and simply mumbled.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" Lyanna quickly jumped back after she'd felt the same faint pain on her chest. She narrowed her eyes slightly, pushing away the fabric of the jedi's tunic to examine the bandage they'd wrapped around his chest. "Okay, who did this? This is the work of a true amateur."

"Princess, it's okay." Obi Wan chuckled in response, trying to swat away her prying fingers. "Not everyone is as good as you."

"Yes, well, they should be."

"Princess." His voice had turned stern as he held her wrists tightly. The sudden change in demeanour made her glance up at his eyes again, her green eyes sparkling with curiosity and guilt. "I could sense your worry from miles away." He said.

"Well, you did get choked right in front of my eyes. I wasn't sure if this sith lord was ready to let you live again."

"I'm fine, love." His eyes bore into hers as he held her hands between them, squeezing them reassuringly. "I'm just happy he didn't target you."