Prologue

It was her 11th birthday when Ilia Elise had her first vision. A vision that depicted a cruel future, where the Elise Duchy would fall to ruin, and her family would be slain for treason.

This was because the world that she lived in was a work of fiction.

A carelessly strewn novel, that depicted a perilous love between the three leads. A love triangle involving the crown prince, the heir to the first duke of the empire, and the exiled princess of the neighbouring kingdom.

And she was the villainess. As a woman of high standing, Ilia could not stand the sight of the two most powerful men in the country, fighting over a ruined princess. What could she possibly have offered them in a marriage, besides her beauty and charm?

Enraged by this, Ilia had attempted to manipulate high ranking members of the nobility, and made the life of the fallen princess a living hell in the Empire of Aretia. Her actions were ultimately found out, which led to the execution of not only her, but her entire family.

Now, as this vision ended Ilia was horrified. And she rushed to completely alter the events of the novel. She helped the princess fit into the nobility, and attempted to match her with the second male lead.

Since the first male lead, the crown prince, was a complete bastard and had essentially locked the heroine in a palace that resembled a cage.

And so Ilia tried her hardest to help those two get together, while thwarting the attempts of the crown prince.

Needless to say this ended in failure.

"To think that the precious princess of Elise is on her knees begging me to spare her life."

The man smirked and played with the sword at his hand, as he stared at the trembling woman kneeling before him.

"Be honest with me for a second Ilia."

The man looked crazy. His deep plum hair wild, his dark eyes empty.

"You have never loved me have you?"

"You and Navi. Why do both of you pine for that fucking man?!"

And with those final words, the sword fell and Ilia Elise was executed without trial by the Crown Prince of the Aretia Empire.