7. Tables Turned

SCARLETT

After I got to the office, I sent him the file through Linda. I preferred not to go myself as then, I would've been unable to control the urge to punch him square on his handsome face and distort it.

Again, I'm not much of a tolerant person. Hence I took a short pause in the parking downstairs to bring peace to my heart, after puncturing his car tyre with a hairpin.

The security guard there wasn't even a bit of a problem. All I had to say was, "The camera out there is dusty. Sir asked for it to be cleaned right now."

Hence, the camera and the guard, both couldn't catch anything and here I am, a little satisfied.

Back here, getting seated in my cabin, I again tried to contact the old lady, to again get it switched of. Today is the test of my temper and my aching shoulder isn't helping at all.

I worked and worked till I finally finished at 7:30. I know I won't be able to make it to my apartment on time, but what's the harm in trying.

I quickly hailed a cab. Due to the snail speed of cab driver which he explained was 'safety necessity', I got to reach there by 8:14, to find it already latched.

What to do next?

This question always brings a storm of confusions, trouble and worst of all, the negative vibes.

All my stuff is inside and I'm here outside. To add cherry on the top, the weather is so good and merry that it started raining in all its glory.

Wow! Today can't be any better.

After thinking rationally for a while, massaging my shoulder that is still not well, I thought to take Amy's help. I called her instantly.

"Hey! Where are you?", I asked as she picked up.

"I-I'm at my home. W-Where else could I be?"

"You know, you stutter when you lie.", I said.

"I'm really in my house. Actually, I'm waiting for Dylan to pick me. I have a date with him.", she said brimming with excitement.

"What? I mean that's too fast."

My bachelor friends' list is reducing day by day.

"It's just a date Lett. Nothing else.", she said in a bored tone.

"Okay, okay. You didn't tell me anything in the morning about it?"

"As if you had time to talk to me." She's so right.

"By the way, did I tell you that yesterday you said Dylan, 'I love you'."

"No. You are kidding right?"

"Sorry to say but I'm not."

"Geez! Lett, why didn't you stop me? I feel so cringey. You are the worst friend."

"I know I am. Also, he dropped you home yesterday, and I don't know what else you might have done with him. You getting it?"

"You let him drop me!", she yelled.

"He offered and you were wasted."

"Holy Christ! That was why he was saying my lips taste so heavenly."

"And there, you kissed him too. Are you sure you both didn't go any further?"

"Nooooo.", she yelled, "I'm sure of it. Why don't I remember shit after getting drunk. Ugh...", she groaned after which the sound of a door getting punched was heard.

"Why would you want to remember shit after getting drunk?"

"That was the lamest joke ever. I'm dying in embarrassment here!", she whined.