Projection

• • • ▫ ▢ ▫ • • •

He felt as if his mind was split open, operated, and sewn back on with the way it pounded against his skull.

He was not so sure if it was morning or afternoon, or evening, as the room was bright. The curtains were fluttering against the wind maybe, he noticed from the corner of his eye. There was a cool breeze wafting into the room, cooling down his aching head, relaxing him just a bit.

He also noticed that he was in his nest, and it was not the usual one that was in the closet. He built it on his bed. He looked around confused, until he registered Jimin's floral scent. It's not unusual. What is unusual is that it was strong, and that it was coming from clothes that looked almost like some work attire.

Jimin's here...?

He sat up, but immediately laid back down after being hit by a wave of headache. And nausea.

Fuck.

He pulled himself to the edge, not caring about the mess of the nest he was making, when he noticed a bucket on the side. Without thinking, he hiked it up, and let everything out.

He heaved and gasped through his raw throat. Everything burnt.

But the beta's scent was there. Just by his hand and he quickly grabbed to tuck it under his chest as he emptied out his stomach more.

What... the fuck...?

It had been a while since the vomiting had stopped. Not like it will be gone forever during the pregnancy, but it should have slowed down. He was kind of used to the feeling, but this seemed... heavy. Forced.

And a bit relieving.

As if he purged all the bad feelings away.

There was also a bottle of water on the nightstand. He took it, swished the water, gargled a bit before spitting it back out into the bucket.

And then his mind registered a few more things.

There was another smell. But it smelled of cooking. And if he focussed enough, there was the sound of something frying as well.

It must be Jimin. He must be cooking something.

That was fine, he supposes, as he got up. But what actually happened?

And when did Jimin get here?

He stepped out of his room, greeted by the amazing smell of fried hotteok. He padded quietly into the kitchen area, peeking into the lit space to see Jimin looking at something on his open laptop.