Chapter1: Proposal

" Come now at outreach Auditorium."

It was a text Ria just got after returning from the party. That was sufficient for Ria to go and find why Ayaan, her batchmate was calling her at this time of the hour. It was the farewell night for Mtech students of IIT Kanpur. Ria was dressed in a long sleeveless black gown with open hair. She was looking elegant yet decent with her black outfit. Ria informed Shikha, her roommate that she will come back afterward. Shikha asked her,

"Any more engagement, mam?" She said in a teasingly tone. Ria answered calmingly,

"Nothing important....just Ayaan is calling. He may have some work. I'll be just back..." she cleared her with an assuring smile.

Ria reached the auditorium around 10 pm. There was complete silence in the auditorium as nobody was present over there at the moment. She was searching for Ayaan but she could not found him anywhere. Much to her surprise, when she was about to return, she heard the sound of someone coming from her back.

There came Ayan, a man in his mid-twenties with a well-built tall frame and a captivating charm. He was in his black formals and which gave him a more attractive look. He came close to Ria and said,

"I don't know what has happened to me today..."

"Ria..I...I Love you!"

He bends on his knees and got a red rose from his black suit. It was always like Ria and Shikha were together but Ayaan gets to meet her for some practicals and projects. She got surprised by such a sudden temperament, she even didn't get a chance to say anything to him.

She said in a worried state, "Get up Ayaan... Please... Please get up..."

Ayaan gets up and she continues, " Sorry Ayan...I never think that about you..."

She was rushing out for the exit leaving him all alone in the open auditorium.

"If you are not mine then you will not be even of any other Ria... It's my promise..."

He shouted in his top pitch. It was the most heart-aching moment for Ayaan.

Ria went directly to her room. She was shocked by the incident that just happened. She told Shikha about all this. Shikha calmed her and said in a soothing tone,

"Relax...nothing is happening. He cannot do anything."

She further convinced her by saying, "It is just a matter of few days then after the campus selection, we shall get our placements."

Ria was a still little bit tensed with the incident

Ria was a still little bit tensed with the incident. Fortunately, as days passed, Ayaan did not harm her for the rest of her days in college. The on-campus selection was all done. It was an early spring morning of February, Ria was sleeping in her room. Her sleep was disturbed by the loud ringing of her phone. She took the phone unknowingly in rush but as soon as the call ended, she jumped out of joy.

It was the call to offer her a job for service of the first five years abroad. She had to join nearly after three months. Her eyes were brimmed with tears. She always aspired for it and her dream was coming true. It was hard for her to believe. Ria called her father and gave the good news to him. He blessed her and said,

"It was difficult for you to come out of depression when you could not make it into an IIT for your Btech but see you harness all your energy into the right direction and finally not only got into IIT but also grabbed a high package! God bless my child! So, proud of you!"

She was so overwhelmed by his words. The phone was kept on speaker so it was audible to her mother and younger brother Reeyansh.

Her mother said with excitement, "Congratulations Ria, my baby had achieved a big milestone. Keep it up!"

Reeyansh also said from the background, "Very happy for you didi."

Ria was beaming with joy by listening to her family. Lastly, his father get the phone back and asked her,

"What are your plans beta? Are you going to your Mausi's place or coming here...?"

Ria delightfully replied," Yes, I'm going to stay there for at least two weeks..."

Her father said, "Alright beta...Have fun and take care."

She called her Mausi and she asked her to come by late evening. So, she could have sufficient time to pack her stuff properly. Shikha also got the whole clue about the scene going in her room. Ria finally got her placement and she got placed in Mumbai.

She said, "So mam is still staying in Kanpur for some days...great, let's go and have coffee in CCD"

Ria could not say no to her. Both went to have coffee. Both together had long chitchats memorizing past days of college. They went to the food court and took some pizzas along with them to eat in the room. Both started their packing. Shikha also has to leave by evening as her train to her hometown is around 8 pm.

After packing, both were not in the condition to go out to eat. They choose to order their food online. When the clock switched to evening, both of them could not notice as they were so busy with themselves. Soon, they got reminded by Ria's Mausi call. Both of them got dressed and came down. They got ready finally for bidding goodbye!

Ria got the call from her Mausi. Shikha's Cab also came right at the moment. Both roomies hugged each other and promised to meet in near future soon. Shikha first left. It was an emotional moment for both of them to leave each other and also the IIT Kanpur!

At the entrance of the IIT dorm, Ria's Mausi was waiting for her in the car. Her Mausi came out of the car and soon Ria hugged her tightly. Ria settled into the car and they reached home.

She was quite surprised to see that her younger cousin Samar could drive so well all the way home. Ria got freshen up and came in a loose chinkari suit with all her hair tied into a bun.

Her Mausi told, " Just got your good news from didi. So happy for you sweetheart!"

She soon brought tea for all. Just after sipping the tea, a relishing grin came on the face of Ria.

She said while taking another sip, "Mausi, your tea is divine. The perfect ginger-elachi content and that too with less sugar. You still remember my taste. Love you!"

She smiled gently and said, "If you want, I will prepare some more for you beta..."

They went on talking for a long time but meanwhile, she asked curiously

"Ria, do you have any boyfriend?"

Ria started coughing while listening to it. She didn't know what to say to this. She replied,

"No Mausi, I don't believe in any such relation before marriage."

Her Mausi gave a contented smile to her and said, "That's why sweetheart, You got into IIT..."

She went to take some rest after having dinner as she was very tired of packing the whole day. The next morning, she read the news that UPSC results are out!

If you liked the chapter, make sure you vote and comment.