Chapter Ten

"Answer my call, Raphael!"

"Answer my call, Cypress!"

The woman's attention is drawn to the sudden beam of light that emanates from them. A sarcastic smirk wrinkles her lips as she passes her gaze over their Blessings and blazing souls.

Aragons.

"My, I hadn't realized I had new visitors. Please feel free to take any of the available seats," she greets them with a charming voice.

Raia leaps at her with her blazing longsword, and an ear-splitting sound reverberates throughout the room as the Cimmerian blocks her attack with the microphone without losing her cool. Her lips curve into a devilish smile.

"What bravado!" the Cimmerian exclaims, amused. "So much for your holiness. Lady, you might want to keep your temper under control."

Raia's gaze falls on the unyielding microphone and realizes what it is.

"Raia, watch out!" Raiden issues a warning just as the performer launches an attack.

"Tormenting Echo."

The microphone releases an invisible powerful force and slams Raia into the wooden wall. She winces in pain as she collapses to the ground. A high-frequency sound rings around her ear, making her dizzy. She clenches her teeth and stands, holding her sword in one hand.

She looks at the giggling Cimmerian and her microphone. Since she delivers her magic through the usage of an object, her Black Art is a weapon-type.

Vines sprout from the floor on where the Cimmerian is standing, but the demon leaps away and swings her microphone, slicing the vines with unseen energy.

Raia's gaze shifts to Raiden. The man's sword is embedded in the ground, a deep scowl on his face.

"Release thyself, Cypress!" Raiden declares, and his sword's blade splits into segments, joined by a vine at the core- a whip sword. He tightens his grip on the pitch-black hilt and pounces on the demon like a bolt of lightning, swinging his whip sword as hard as he can.

The Cimmerian yelps as the bladed whip collides with her face, and she crashes into the wooden wall. Raia raises an eyebrow as the woman staggers to her feet, wiping her bloody face and staring at Raiden.

Raia raises an eyebrow as the performer staggers to her feet, wiping the blood off her face and glaring at Raiden.

"How dare you ruin my face!" the Cimmerian whines. Raiden leaps at her, and her eyes widen.