Chapter Twelve

White smoke erupts from the demon's body, wrapping around him like a cocoon

White smoke erupts from the demon's body, wrapping around him like a cocoon. After a few seconds, it dissolves into thin air, including Loki. However, less than a second after he vanished, the familiar lunatic laugh reverberates throughout the space.

"Even if it's just a mirror, I'd like to congratulate you on killing me. Good job! Now it's my turn," Loki exclaims, his hand is wrapped around Raia's throat, while his other hand is holding an oval-shaped mirror.

Raia's face turns pale as she struggles to free herself from his firm grip. Her sword is laying on the ground, the silver blade visible with an orange flame burning around it. Raphael has reverted to its standard form.

"Raia!" Raiden yells as he sprints toward them, clutching the hilt of his broadsword in both hands, poised to attack.

Loki smirks and throws Raia into the bar counter before charging at Raiden. He slams his mirror against his wounded stomach, and a powerful force hurls the boy against the wall. Raiden grunts as he lands hard on the ground.

Raia clenches her teeth in frustration, her breath quickening. The mana that is now circulating within her body is less than their chances of overcoming the strong demon. She can no longer release her Blessing; if she does, she may lose consciousness.

She pulls herself up from the shattered glasses, her body quivering. She rubs her nose after smelling the aroma of the spilled wines.

The Blood Demon smiles as he looks at them. He tilts his head from side to side as he looks in the mirror. "Don't you think I'm a looker?" He then clears his throat and lowers the mirror. "So, this fantastic mirror is my Curse. Looking at your Blessings, your weapons are nothing compared to mine."

He laughs and places his hands on his hips. "My Curse has the ability to duplicate and multiply. Just like the one Raiden killed. That's just a clone of myself. Do you want to experience more of my power?"

Raia is already aware that his mirror's ability to imitate things around him. But she had no idea it could also make a clone of a human body.

What a troublesome mirror. Though, this makes his Curse a weapon-type. Perhaps if it's destroyed . . . .

Loki raises his mirror over his head without waiting for them to respond. "Duplicate thyself and multiply."

Oval-shaped mirrors of varying sizes appear all around the tavern, encircling the entire surface. The floor, walls, and ceiling are all covered in gold mirrors. Raia attempts to destroy mirrors on the floor under her, and they turn to smoke.

"Hey! My game has not yet begun. Again!" Loki blurts out, and then more mirrors appear, filling all the empty spots.

"Well, well, well. Come and find me if you want to live." Loki's voice echoes around the tavern as if it were emanating from all of the mirrors. He's vanished from their sight.