Chapter 8

"I didn't mean to blow her up

"I didn't mean to blow her up. I just...lost control." Harry lead Ron and Hermione through the aisle of the train.

"Brilliant." Ron chuckled.

"Honestly, Ron. It's not funny." Hermione scolds. "Harry was lucky not to be expelled."

"I think I was lucky not to be arrested actually." Harry retorted.

"I still think it was brilliant." Ron continued.

"Come on." Hermione slid open the door to an almost empty compartment, save for a lone man curled up in the corner. "Everywhere else is full."

"Who do you think that is?" Ron asked.

"Professor R.J. Lupin." Hermione responded.

"You know everything. How is it she knows everything?" Ron sassed.

"It's on his suitcase, Ronald." Hermione pointed out.

"Do you think he's really asleep?" Harry asked.

"Seems to be. Why?"

"I've got to tell you something." Harry stood and slid the compartment door shut.

~

Sometime on the train ride to Hogwarts, it had started to storm outside. The windows had frosted over due to the cold, and Castor had bundled herself up in a navy cable knit sweater, her large overcoat on the seat next to her. She wore her signature Converse on her feet, which were propped up on the seat next to Pollux as he sat across from her in the same position. Her brother was wearing a long sleeved shirt, dark wash jeans and his leather jacket again, his Slytherin scarf wrapped around the collar.

"What do you supposed Mr. Weasley was telling Harry?" Castor asked. "Did you listen in?"

"I tried to, but there were too many people to pinpoint their voices." Pollux shifted in his seat, looking out the window.

"Do you think we should tell Harry?" Castor asked softly.

"What? That we've only just found out who our dad was, and it's the very man trying to kill him?" Pollux responded sarcastically. "Besides, mom wanted it to be kept a secret."

"It's just...he's our friend. It doesn't seem right that we keep something like this from him." Castor argued, moving into her brother's line of sight. "If we didn't tell him and then he found out, he would be crushed."

"To be honest, Castor, I'm still trying to wrap my head around it."

"What are you talking about?"

"Who he is, what he's done!" Pollux looked at her in a huff. Castor knew the anger wasn't directed at her, but at the information they felt they received all too late in life. "This was someone mom supposedly loved and cared for. Someone she felt would probably come back to her after the war was over. And then he went and killed all those people."