iii. auditions and confrontations

CHAPTER THREE·

CHAPTER THREE
·.¸¸.·♪♫ mr perfectly fine ♫♪·.¸¸.·

FIRST, THEY DID THE DANCE part of the auditions which went surprisingly smooth for Reece. She met the new sophomore, Gina Porter, who was scary talented. If she could sing as well as she could dance, there was no doubt in Reece's mind she would play Gabriella.

Currently, Reece and the rest of the theatre kids stood in a single file line as Ms. Jenn and Carlos came up to every one of them giving them someone to audition for. "You." the teacher said to Ashlyn, "You're giving me uncommon depth. Ms. Darbus?"

"I'm dying. I'm deceased. Yes." Ashlyn replied, before leaving for the next person, who was Gina, Ms. Jenn asked the redhead about her piano skills and to write a song for Ms. Darbus in Act Two. After everyone was given a character, it was now the last person's turn, Reece.

Ms. Jenn turned to Reece, looking at her curiously before coming to a conclusion. "Kelsi, definitely Kelsi."

Reece smiles at Ms. Jenn as Carlos handed her the script.

"I hear you write songs, is that true?" She asked the redhead.

"I do, and I was wondering if I'm able to perform I song I wrote?"

"Of course, I'm looking forward to hearing it." Ms. Jenn walked away Carlos following behind her but not before smiling at her. Reece looked towards the small crowd of people, she noticed Josie and Anne there ready to cheer her on (as well as Ashlyn).

To say the least, Reece was nervous. Not because of the auditions but because of the song she was going to sing, it was personal and everyone would know who it's about, and that's what scared her.

♪♫ ♫♪

First up on the list audition was the Troys, they all did amazing but Reece knew EJ would be Ms. Jenn's choice. They may have been broken up but Reece would never miss an opportunity to explain how talented he was and she knew EJ would do the same for her, or at least she hoped he would.

"Okay, our last Troy." Ms. Jenn announced as EJ made his way upstage. "Whoo! And he comes with props! Love it." she chuckled. "Whenever you're ready."

Ms. Jenn leaned over to Carlos, "Okay, what do I need to know?"

"EJ Caswell." Carlos explained, "Most Instagram followers. Wakes up looking like that. Doesn't know I exist. He and Reece Hastings used to date until he started dating Nini over the summer. They were together for 7 and a half months."

"Well, let's hope he can carry a tune." they directed their attention back to the senior.

Reece gave him a small smile before he began, which he did back. Seb began to play the piano. "This could be the start of something new. It feels so right to be here with you. And now looking in your eyes I feel in my heart. The start of something new." Reece was right, he was the perfect Troy.