Chapter Twenty Eight

The wall of vines protecting the guests vanish into thin air

The wall of vines protecting the guests vanish into thin air. They scramble to their feet and flee the palace as soon as Raiden signals that they are no longer in danger. However, Ian, Hadley, and the king remain immobile. Ian approaches the Aragons after a long silence, his eyes trembling as he clutches his necklace, which was once a scythe.

"W-where's Katherine?" Ian asks, his voice trembling.

Sunshine and Nathan lower their heads, and Raia remains silent, so Raiden is the one who speaks.

"Just as you witnessed, she leveled up to a stronger demon capable of harming anyone, including Elysians."

"Stronger demon," Ian repeats.

"Yes. They will receive power from the God of Darkness after their transition, which we call the Black Art. They are the real threat."

"A Cimmerian? Like Lady Bella?"

Raiden nods. "Yes."

"A Cimmerian's soul is completely corrupted," Raia explains. Her flaming longsword vanishes and reappears as a necklace. The weapons of her team follow suit. "They are beyond saving. They are doomed to eternal oblivion."

Ian lowers his head and clenches his right fist. "I see. So she also disappeared. But, unlike my . . ." He pauses, unable to finish his sentence. "Lady Bella and Katherine's souls will never reincarnate."

The prince is indeed quick on the uptake than he allows himself to be. If he becomes an Aragon, he will be a valuable asset to the team.

Following that thought, Raia takes a quick look at her comrades and assesses their strengths and assets. Raiden excels at defense; Nathan is a skilled fighter with superhuman strength and speed, making him the strongest disciple in this current team; and Sunshine, who serves as a long-range fighter and someone she has yet to discover. These people are far more useful than Raia imagined.

"Ian!" Hadley shouts. She runs towards her brother and grabs his left arm. "I have no idea what's going on, but it's all their fault!" Her fierce blue eyes sweep over the four Aragons, lingering on Nathan.

The redhead Aragon meets her gaze, an unreadable expression on his face.

The king is as still as a stone in the corner. Despite what they have witnessed, he and the princess remain ignorant. But Raia can't really blame them. They've just witnessed something they'd never believed before. They are still in shock. Besides, they had just watched their people vanish.

Ignoring the king, Raia takes a deep breath and braces herself for her impending torment. Their mission may have already been completed, but her job does not. Now that the demons have been defeated, she must heal the injured disciples.

She doesn't care if she heals them or not, but she will need their strength at some point, so she must do this.

Raia approaches Raiden and places her hand gently on his chest.