Ch. 1 - The Reunion (1)

Loki

Incompetent fools. Always so insincere.

For the second time since my arrival, I left my chambers - as if I had a choice - only to be greeted with a smack on the back by Mr Stark. How I would love to smack that smug smile off of his face.

These so called 'Avengers' must have enjoyed their power over me, the God of Mischief, as I was locked away in the confinements of my chambers for seventy days. I will admit, the conditions and ambience weren't all too bad in my, what midgardians would call, 'bedroom'.

I had an above-average sized sleeping area, a door leading to a petite but manageable restroom on one side, and another leading to a mini library on the other.

Midgardians clearly lack common knowledge compared to an Asg- a God, in accordance to the containments of their reading books but in their defence, I am a God.

Over these past many weeks, they claim to have somewhat understood the circumstances that lay behind my glorious face during the attack on New York and sympathised with my months of endless torture and mind-control. From this, they have agreed to allow me to walk around 'freely' inside of the Avengers tower now, with cameras on me almost at all times.

Still complete arses, they are. Definite façades; all for show.

Around two months ago, I had heard through the walls of my personal chambers, from Thor's unnecessary booming voice, that someone had been coming to the tower to meet Dr. Banner. Why someone would want to risk being in that man's presence if he can turn into that hideous green monster at any moment, I haven't a clue.

I had heard no details of who they were and when they were coming but given that this information had been shared around twenty days after my return from Asgard, I've assumed they have already arrived and left.

I walked into the common area of the tower and saw that Miss Romanoff, Captain Rogers, and that poor excuse of a man; Barton, were already settled there.

I sat on the arm chair opposing the sofa where Romanoff and Barton sat while Rogers had gotten up and left the room after taking a glance at his mobile device. Most likely to leave my presence? I'm not entirely sure but I was pleased to see they haven't attempted to warm up to me just yet. Plus, Rogers' poor distraction of 'receiving a text' didn't look all too convincing.

As I opened a large book of the tales of 'Shakespeare' Thor had told me to read since he thought I would take pleasure with it, I could sense Barton's intense gaze on me. That was until Rogers returned to the room.

"Nat, come to the lab for a moment. We need you to talk to Banner."

Banner? Of what matter? I've learnt over the years that my curiosity does nothing but get me into conundrums, some inescapable, but after all I am the God of Mischief and Lies. The need of trouble courses through my veins and may I admit, it is a true joy to see others in distress from my own hand.

"Sure. Come on Hawk."

"No, Clint needs to stay here. Just you Nat."

"And what? Leave me here with him?" Barton horribly whispered with a harsh tone.

"I'm not deaf Barton and your secrecy skills are dreadful," I stated with disgust. Even saying his name made me want to throw up.

A close to pitiful look spread across his face as a smirk grew on mine, with my eyes still deep into my book.

Rogers relieved both I and Barton from each other's presence. "Fine Clint, just hurry up."

The three headed together into the lift and headed down. Yes I was curious of the matters, but how interesting could it be? These lousy Avengers have nothing going on in their lives ever since Miss Potts banned Stark from hosting parties after he was diagnosed with 'anxiety' - pathetic. Other than their missions, the lives of the mighty Avengers were boring; all the way to Helheim and back.

My eyes were glued onto the book by the time they departed which surprisingly seemed interesting to myself. 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' it was named.

~~

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. The second is already up :)