Ch. 2 - The Reunion (2)

Loki

Some minutes later, unsure of how many, the alarms had gone off and I heard the loud chatter from The Avengers, accompanied by a faint high-pitched shriek. It didn't matter to me. Honestly, I couldn't care less. And so I remained sat on the arm chair, eyes scattering across the pages.

The alarms were disabled and shortly after I heard the whirring sound of the lift rising.

As soon as the ring of the lift released announcing the arrival of it on this floor, I heard a voice start yelling at me.

"Bruce! Why didn't you tell me- Oh." the voice sounded feminine, yet not extremely high pitched. "I'm so sorry. Do you know where Dr. Banner is?"

I raised my eyes to meet her nervous gaze on me as her naturally tanned cheeks flushed. I kept my eyes on her for a few moments as I tilted my head. She wore a simple v-neck white t-shirt with dark blue jeans and a leather jacket. Stunning, she was, I have to admit.

She didn't seem to recognise me or who I was, given no shift in her facial expressions and no widening of the eyes; the reaction of The Avengers when they were told I was ordered to remain on Midgard by the "all mighty" Odin.

No, her embarrassment filled eyes remained plastered to her face as began shifting and shuffling her feet on the spot.

"Dr. Banner is downstairs in the lab, along with the rest of the team," I informed her, putting emphasis on the word team.

"I- erm. I don't know where the lab is. I've never been in here before."

"Oh? Then how is it that you were able to enter?"

"Bru- Dr. Banner had given me the code, yet the alarms still went off. I'm not exactly sure why."

"Ah, yes. Their backup system in case someone unwanted was able to find out the code. Pointless really. What's stopping them from uncovering the second code? Then what, a second backup? Could go on forever."

"Huh. I guess you're right."

Did she just agree with me?

"If you would like, I could escort you there myself," I offered, placing my book down on the side-table, remembering the page in my head as I hated ruining a perfectly conditioned book.

She was about to answer, until The Avengers rushed in from the lift I hadn't seemed to notice went back down.

"Monet! You're here!" Banner enthusiastically said with a sustained level of voice, as he disliked yelling.

The woman turned around and ran up to him and swung her arms up and around his neck, clinging to him tightly.

"Monet... I can't... breathe," he said with a strained voice. She immediately pulled away, as to not distress him further.

"Shit. Sorry Big Green."

Big Green? She new about his anger management issues?

She quickly placed a kiss on his cheek and hugged him once more, with a looser grip, as she said in his ear, "Holy fuck I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, Monet. More than anything," he said softly as he wrapped his arms around her waist. "Hey, Monet. Turn around."

She turned and widened her eyes at the sight of The Avengers. Hmph.

Banner began to introduce the girl to each Avenger separately once they gathered to form a semi-circle around the two. He addressed each person with their first name as they either shook her hand, tapped on her shoulder as a sign of welcoming, or strangely winked - well that was just Stark. This was until reaching Romanoff, where he called her by her last.

"You can call me Natasha. Nat, if you wish," she stated as she pulled the girl in for a hug to which the girl warmly gave back. Banner's eyes hinted a bit of a shocked glimmer, until Romanoff gave him a sly wink while her chin was still resting on the girl's shoulder. His cheeks blushed red before turning his gaze back to the woman retreating from Romanoff's hold.

"Anyways, that's all of them. Oh, except Pepper. But you'll be able to meet her soon. So, want us to show you to your room or would you like to catch up with us first?"

"I mean, I just met The Avengers. The Avengers. I would still love to catch up some more."

"Monet, I'm an Avenger and you know me," Bruce said with a joking tone.

"Yeah well doesn't necessarily mean I actually like you," she said in response, giving everyone a light-hearted chuckle, causing her own brown eyes to light up once more.

"Oh, shit wait. I almost forgot, I left my luggage downstairs in the taxi."

"How come?" Steve questioned.

"Well because someone," she said while pulling along her last word as she eyed the rage monster, "didn't tell me there would be a second security system as I entered, so alarms started going off like mad and the door just fucking slammed behind me before I was even able to get back out. I swear it scared me like shit."

"I like this one," Thor said. The girl turned to him and gave a faint smile.

"Guys seriously, the double alarm system is such a dumbass idea. No wonder it wasn't me that came up with it," the playboy said causing the girl to breathe out a laugh.

"Yeah I agree with, erm, Tony. And even that guy," she said while nodding her head towards me, "said so."

Everyone suddenly exchanged questioning and worried looks while the girl's eyes shifted to her pockets as she placed her hands inside them and the facial expressions were going unnoticed by her.

Just as the widow was about to open her mouth to speak, the girl turned back to the group and continued, "So, can someone come with me to get it first?"

"I may accompany her." Then all eyes turned to me, with several different expressions of confusion, discomfort, disgust, and those similar, except for the woman's. She simply had a soft emotion of kindness and appreciation on her face.

"You, Reindeer Games? Huh. I don't think so," Stark said. Everyone nodded and murmured in agreement and again, except for the woman. A look of confusion was shown on her face this time.

"Erm. I guess I can just go alone then."

"Oh no, I insist."

"Enough, Loki," Thor declared. A grin of accomplishment grew on my lips as my gaze shifted back to the side table where I grabbed the book, flipped to the correct page, and began reading once more. He simply sighed with disappointment at my response, increasing my hidden grin.

~~

A/N: Sooooo... what do you think so far?