Chapter 1: The Prancing Pony

Tauriel's Pov

Bree is a good place to stay if you want to stay anonymous. I've been staying in an Inn, the Prancing Pony, for the past few weeks. No one has recognized me for years now, except from Gandalf. Mostly because I keep my hood on, for safety precautions. Many rangers lurk in these areas. I've been told rangers are dangerous people, and it's best to stay away from them.

Being alone can be lonely. Especially when I can't stop thinking about Legolas. 70 years since I last saw Legolas. I really miss him. I thought. What if I- then I heard the Prancing Pony's door open, and 4 hobbits stumbled in.

Barliman said to them, "Good evening, little masters! If you are looking for accommodation, we've got nice, cozy, hobbit-sized rooms for you, Mr. uh-"

"Underhill. My name is Underhill," the young hobbit, with curly brown hair informed him. "We're looking for Gandalf the Grey; Can you tell him we have arrived?"

Hmmmm. Looking from Gandalf, eh? They must also be friends with him. I haven't seen him in months now. Are the hobbits meeting Gandalf here? I would've noticed him if he arrived. In those few months, I've been worried about him. Not a word about anything he's doing, or where he is.

"Elderly chap? Grey cloak? Grey pointy hat? No, I haven't seen him in 6 months" Barliman answered.

Then, I noticed a man sitting in the corner of the bar. A ranger. I noticed that he kept looking at the hobbits, when I heard 1 of the hobbits say, "Baggins? I know a Baggins. Frodo Baggins. He's my cousin, right over there!" He then pointed behind him. The hobbit, Frodo Baggins, then ran to him, telling him not to say anything about their identities, when he tripped and then a golden ring fell off and slipped right onto his finger. Suddenly, he disappeared. Everyone around him gasped. The ranger from the corner stood up, and grabbed Frodo when he reappeared, and took him to his room. I followed them, curious.

I hid behind the door as the ranger opened it, so they didn't see me. I didn't want to let them know that I am watching them. "You draw far too much attention to yourself, Mr. Underhill," he said. Then, the rest of the hobbits came in. 1 of them is holding candles, another is holding a chair, and the last 1, standing in the middle, is pointing his fists at the ranger.

"Let him go, or I'll have you, Longshanks!" the 1 in the middle says. Wow, aggressive 1, isn't he? I thought.

The ranger sheaths his sword, a slight grin on his lips. "You have a stout heart, little hobbit, but alone will not save you.... You cannot wait for the wizard, Frodo. He's not coming. I'm Strider"

I've heard of his name before, but where? Hm..... Then I remembered. It was the day of the Battle of the Five Armies. The battle was over, and Legolas didn't want to go home, and King Thranduil told him to go into the wilderness, to the North, to find the son of Arathorn, a ranger of the North. His name in the wild is no other than Strider.

Just then, I accidentally move the door, and it creaked. Strider saw me and turned. "Who goes there? Come out."

I know I'm busted, so I came out of the door. "Hi. It's just me."

"Why don't you join us? It'll be nice having you on our journey, Tauriel." Aragorn continued.

"Where are we going? I thought we're going to stay here for a while." I'm confused. And I want to know where Gandalf is, and why he hasn't been contacting me for MONTHS. I'm also hesitant to trust him, since I really haven't talked to anyone for years, so I'm kind of nervous.

"No. Frodo isn't safe here. We have to bring him to Rivendell. There, with the help of Lord Elrond, we'll do something about the Ring of Power." I didn't question about the Ring. That explained earlier, with the whole disappearing thing. "So, hobbits. Why don't you 4 introduced yourselves?"

Frodo said, "I'm Frodo, but of course you already know that."

The one that had his fists pointed at Aragorn said "I'm Samwise Gamgee, but you can call me Sam."

The one with golden curly hair introduced. "I'm Peregin Took, but you can call me Pippin, for short!"

The last hobbit went. "I'm Meriadoc Brandybuck, but I prefer Merry!"

Aragorn smiled at them. "We're going into the wild tomorrow, so get some sleep before then."