11

i fiddled with the lock on the door and sprinted out of it.

i turned the corner at the end of the block and slumped down onto the fence

'this is stupid, i was going to leave soon anyway' i repeated over and over in my brain, i guess i kind of hoped i wasn't leaving so soon. 

i had been here before, i reminded myself. disappointment isn't new, ill be fine. this disappointment, however was proving more difficult because the betrayal came from someone i idolized. they do say never meet your heroes, i understand that more now. i never really got it before, that's not true, i did, i just never wanted to believe it.

i felt a tear drop down my face and hugged my knees to my chest. it became difficult to breathe and i began to hyperventilate. 'shit, shit shit shit shit' i rocked myself back and forth and tried to calm my breathing. i knew id have to get up and start walking again but i was frozen in my place like there was an elephant on my chest. i felt so stuck and the back of my mind was still continuously trying to convince me to keep moving.

but i couldnt. my brain refused to let me. 

--------------------------------

Scarlett's pov:

i heard the door open and slam shut. 

"y/n!" i called and stood up, walking through the hall i saw that their bedroom was empty. 

'oh god they must have left' i thought back to yesterday and remembered i did saw she could leave when they woke up, i suppose i didn't expect them to take it so seriously. i felt heavy hearted. i guess i kind of hoped they didn't leave so soon. 

i decided to step outside and see if they were still on the road. when i couldnt immediately see her i walked up the road and at the corner i saw her. there they were, scrunched into a ball on the side walk rocking themselves back and forth with tears streaming down their face. 

i moved to touch them and wipe away their tears but they flinched and something in her clicked and she was up and sprinting down the road as fast as possible until she was out of sight.

'i should leave her be' i told myself. i did promise she could go after all so she's not my problem anymore.

what are you saying she wasn't a problem to begin with.

she was your solution if anything...

The End 

or is it...