Chapter 56

I finally managed to write an ending that does justice to the characters and hopefully lives up to your idea of a good ending :)

I woke up by the noise of a monotone beeping right next to my ear.

And right after I wished I would have stayed asleep or unconscious, it didn't matter, just as long as I wasn't able to feel anything because my whole body ached terribly.

My right arm and hip as well as my head hurt the most. I groaned in pain and blinked several times trying to see sharp.

"Oh my God, she's walking up", I heard Jungkook's frantic voice next to me, some shuffling and then he yelled, "doctor!"

I tried to stay awake and find out where I was, see Jungkook and talk to him but the pain was so bad that I slowly lost the battle against the unconsciousness.

I felt someone squeezing my hand, patting my cheek and muffled voices but then I blacked out again.

When I opened my eyes again I was a lot better. The pain was still so bad that it felt like someone was trying to peel off the skin of the right side of my body.

But I was better. I could open my eyes and slowly look around the room.

It was dark, only a low light lit up the room dimly.

I was sure that I was in a hospital. Everything was white and there were these medical machines standing beside my bed.

And the smell. The smell was unmistakable hospital. Disinfectant, illness and death. That's how it smelled.

But then I noticed something else in the corner of my eye. A dark shape of a person sitting on the chair beside me curled up into a pile of black clothes.

Jungkook.

And then the memories came slowly back flooding all my senses.

I took a deep breath and exhaled shakily.

I had a car accident because Isabel pushed me on the street. Intentionally. I didn't know how bad it was but I felt horrible.

My throat was dry and my lips were chapped. I needed water, really urgently.

I breathed in stertorously and began coughing.

I couldn't speak but I needed help. Where was this button with which you could call a nurse for help?

I moved a little to the side to look around but my condition got worse with every second I strained my body.

I coughed more heavily and a thin layer of sweat formed on my forehead.

Then all of a sudden Jungkook woke up by my loud coughing and shifted in his seat. He seemed to be confused for a second but then he noticed me struggling and quickly got up.

"Baby", he called me and headed over to me, "you're awake. What do you need? What's wrong? I'll call the doctor."

"Water", I managed to grate before I got another coughing fit.

"Okay, okay. Hold on, baby. I'm here", he said rushing over to the night stand next to my hospital bed, turned on the lights and poured water into a small plastic cup.

He added a straw to the cup and put it to my lips so I could easily drink. I instantly felt a tad better.

I couldn't speak. I couldn't form a proper sentence because of all the thoughts running through my head. Like a carousel that wouldn't stop spinning, instead it even sped up.