Chapter 44

Ace's POV

Three weeks have passed and I'm getting pretty used to work .

Getting to the company is now an action of ease . Here and there Cass drives,  but most of the time she asks me to drive .

She's a lot more emotional than before , she cried last night while we were watching titanic,  and then cried when I told her that its just a movie .

I couldn't help but laugh .

I wake up early in the morning , and begin brewing up some tea . Last week Cassiey bought a new brand of cinnamon tea which she drinks everyday so I make that for the both of us .

"Good morning baby." I say to her . She looks at me and immediately I know something is wrong .

I put the teas on the nightstand . And I turn to her .

"Baby , are you okay? " I ask feeling her temperature.  Her forehead feels very hot .

"I dont feel good babe." She says , and her voice sounds weak .

"Okay , okay . Stay home for today okay? You cant come to work like this . But here , have some tea ." I say and she sits up and sips the tea .

"Mhmm." She says .

I run over to the bathroom and begin doing my morning routine . After showering , I throw on my new Burberry suit .

Something tell me to check on Cass again . I dont feel well knowing that she's not okay,  I get the urge not to go to work too . What if it's something serious.

"Hey babe , are you going to be okay? I have to get to work . " I tell her and she looks at me and smiles .

"Just go Ace , dont skip work because of me , it'd make me a bad mentor. " She says and chuckles .

"I love you ." I say to her and she smiles . My sweet , sweet JellyBean .

"I love you , now go ." She says .

"Stay safe Jelly bean." I say kissing her forehead .

The drive to the company is unusually quiet . When I stop in the underground parking , I notice Jason and Kayla putting on shades in their car .

I vacade the car and close the car . Whilst inside the elevator , the pair joins me .

"Morning Mr Smith , Ms Dixon." I say to them .

"Morning Mr Bernett ." Jason says and nods .

"Hey Ace." Kayla says , my body tenses , there's something I dont like about this girl.

She gives me a bad feeling . And I dont like her , especially knowing that she's hurt Cass .

The elevator dings and we walk onto the foyer .

Cass' friend Kim left a week ago for her maternity leave , there a new girl sitting there . She nods professionally at me and I return it .

When I get into the office , it feels empty without her . I begin working on the company budget Jason sent me yesterday. 

As I'm working on the budget there's a knock on the door .

"Inside." I say and the person gets in.

"Oh Mr Bernett, where is Ms Miller?" Jason asks .

"She's not well , so I asked her to stay in . What do you need from her , maybe I can help." I tell him , he nods then pulls a chair for himself .

" I weighed the options that you brought up to me a month ago , and I think that taking a risk would be the best idea , because at the end of the day , the business makes double the profit in only one year from the fresh and innovative market. " He says .