Chapter 20 Telling Mom

Today was the day. I was going to officially tell my mom about werewolves and Xavier. I just wasn't sure how she was going to react. My mom hated surprised, I remember when I was seven and my dad threw her a surprise Birthday party she told him after that it was very sweet of him but she did not like it.

The plan was that Xavier was going to come over after school today to officially meet my mom. And for someone who was meant to be a feared, possessive, and scary Alpha, he was sweating bullets right now just thinking about telling my mom.

I had been so caught up in how my mom would react that Andrew and those weird text messages had completely slipped my mind. I haven't gotten any more since the first one, and Andrew hasn't made any weird moves either since the whole classroom thing. In fact, he was even keeping his distance in English while we rehearsed our lines for the presentation, he even suggested that we just hug instead of kiss for it. Which I was more than ok with, and so was Ivy.

Mr. Davis has moved on from talking about folklore to actual history, right now it was all about World War 1 and the effects it brought soldiers once they came back home.

Cecelia told me that Xavier had changed his outfit over five times this morning, asking for her advice and opinion on every single one. She finally told him to just wear some jeans and a nice shirt, something that he wouldn't care about if he had to phase and show my mom his wolf. Grayson and bad were being no help whatsoever, not that I thought they would be. Both of them kept telling Xavier that it wasn't too late to back out and go live in the mountains.

Audrey of course slapped them both round the heads which I was very grateful for.

"You've already met her once before," I reminded Xavier in gym class.

Today we were playing volleyball and Xavier was taking all his nerves out on the ball, we were on our third one because he popped the first two.

"Yeah but now I have to tell her hat I'm a werewolf," Xavier reminded me.

"Don't forget to mention that you love the full moon," I joked.

"Random question, but how far away is the nearest mountain?" Xavier asked me.

"Don't make me get Audrey," I warned him.

Audrey's head perked up from the other side of the net, and she gave me a quick wink before serving the ball over to our side.

"Addison," Xavier said seriously walking out of the guys changing room after gym class. "Do I smell?" He was already lifting up his arms and bring them near me.

"Like roses," I rolled my eyes at him. "You smell fine, now man up and let's go."

I grabbed Xavier's arm and pulled him along with me out to the parking lot, his truck was parked right beside my car.

"She'll love you," I said softly, giving Xavier a small peck on the lips before getting in my car.

Xavier pulled into my driveway a few seconds after me. My mom's car was already here, and I could already smell her cooking from the outside.

In true my mom fashion, she pulled Xavier in for a bone-crushing hug and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "It's good to know that my daughter hasn't scared you off just yet," she joked. letting go and giving me a quick kiss on the cheek before hurrying back to the kitchen.

"Told you so," I mumbled under my breath following my om into the kitchen and taking a seat at the island with Xavier right beside me.

We decided that it would be best to tell my mom before we all sat down to eat, the last them we wanted is for her to be sick.

"Mom can you take a seat, please," I blurted out. "It's important."

My mom gave me a look but took a seat right across from me on the other side of the island. I could see the fresh baked cookies sitting on the stovetop behind her.

"Please tell me you're not pregnant," my mom begged.

"No!" Xavier said right away. "I mean you're not, right?"

"I am not with child!" I yelled at both of them, my cheeks were flaming hot.

"What is is, Addie?" My mom asked confused.

"Do you believe in the supernatural, Mrs. Avery?" Xavier asked after a few moments. 

"Why?" My mom asked confused. "What does that have to do with whatever this is?"

"Xavier is a werewolf," I blurted out. I was like ripping off a bandaid, it was going to be painful either way, but it was always best just to do it fast.

My mom rolled her eyes at us before standing back up and arranging all the fresh cookies on a plate.

"Ok, and?" she asked. "What does that matter?"

I glanced over at Xavier who was equally as confused as I was. "Did you hear what I just said, mom? Werewolves are real and Xavier is one."

"I heard you, Addie," my mom said turning back around and placing the plate of cookies in the middle of the island.

"Well do you want to say anything? Laugh, yell, faint, say that we're lying and you don't believe us?"

"I believe you."

"Ok, what is going on?" Xavier asked exactly what I was thinking. I mean, what was going on? Why was my mom not freaking out?

"I've known that werewolves have existed for a long time," my mom clarified. "My first boyfriend when I was about 15 was a werewolf, a gamma in fact."

"What?!" I yelled out.

"Before I met your father I lived in a small town out in Colorado where there was a werewolf pack, The Blue Moon Pack, and my grandma, your great-grandma was part of that pack. Now she wasn't a werewolf, but she had been raised by the pack since she was a kid. Her parents died when she was just a baby and she was adopted by a werewolf couple," my mom explained the whole story to us. "I moved out to Arizona because when my dad, your grandpa, joined the police he got transferred out there and we had to move."

"I think I'm going to pass out," I muttered rubbing my temples.

Xavier and my mom launched right into swapping stories about growing up in packs while I was still in shock.

Here I was thinking that we would have to spend hours, maybe days and weeks convincing my mom that it was true and in reality, she grew up in a werewolf pack!

"I know it's strange Addison," my mom reached across the island and squeezed my hand. "But I can tell that Xavier cares for you a lot, and true me, there's no better feeling than finding the one."

"So you'll come to the ceremony?" Xavier asked excitedly. He told me that it was tradition for the future luna's family to come and sit in the front row.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world."

-----

So!
what do you guys think?

Were you surprised
that Addison's mom
already knew about
werewolves?!
Or did you
see that coming?

Please let me know
what you think of
this story so far
and don't forget
to like and comment!
I also post announcements
on my page, so make sure
to follow if you want
to know when
I'll be updating next!