✹nineteen✹

Rhena didn't even think to suppress her smile or to slow her run to a walk. She paid no mind to those who she passed, who sent strange looks in her direction. She just ran in joy. The colors around her were brighter and the air seemed lighter. And one word was running through her head; Jaime.

It took her no less than an hour to ask around the keep, only to find Jaime and Rhaegar in the training grounds swinging blunt swords at each other. Rhena smiled and slowed only to pick up her own sword. The two were too far caught up in their little game of war to notice her approaching footsteps and she easily disarmed the both of them in one fell slash of her blade.

Rhaegar groaned but Jaime only beamed down at his Targaryen wife. He hardly got out a hello before she was flying at him again, though her sword was in the dirt rather than her hand. Rhena wrapped her arms around him and laughed, eliciting a small chuckle from Jaime and an eye roll from Rhaegar.

"Rhe, can't you see that we're kind of in the middle of something here." Rhena lifted an eyebrow at her brother's tone; it was almost as if he was back to Viserys' age when he spoke like that.

She pulled away from Jaime just to glare at her brother. "My apologies dear one, but I think that the news that I have for the both of you is far more important than a simple spar."

"Imagine that Rhaegar," Jaime started, "Rhena actually cares about something other than sparing. In fact, she says that it's more important than a simple spar. I find that quite-" Rhena covered his mouth with her hands and sighed in exasperation.

"Would you shut up for two seconds so I could actually get the news out?" Jaime reached up and removed his wife's hand from his lips.

"Well that does depend on-"

"I'm pregnant you dolt." That shut both of the men up as they stared in wonder. Rhaegar had half the thought to punch his good brother, but thought that the action would not go over well with Rhena. She was still wrapped in Jaime's arms but the prince still hugged the both of them and wished them good fortune.

"I'll tell father to schedule a feast for tonight. You can make the announcement there if you want. It would be far easier to reach the ears of the lords." Rhena nodded and thanked her brother, barely noticing as he disappeared through the many halls of the castle. When she looked back to Jaime, tears were pooling in his eyes, making his eyes look a deep glistening emerald. He took a deep breath and rested a hand over her lower belly.

"You're certain?" He was able to choke out after several long moments. Rhena could never fault him for his tears. Jaime had been waiting for a babe just as she had since the day they were married and now, they finally were getting one.

Rhena swallowed and beamed up at him. "As certain as one can be at this early stage. I spoke with Creylen just a few hours ago and he believes it to be true as well. Mother already knows along with Elia. I just wanted to be absolutely sure before I told you-" She was cut off with a kiss. Jaime swore he had never loved anyone as much as he did in that moment. His Rhena and their child. What more could a man need?

Rhena felt tears land on her cheeks as Jaime held her which made her cry tears of her own. "We're going to have a child." Jaime's voice was thick with tears and Rhena laughed.

Her mind was instantly turned to that little girl that she had seen on the eve of her wedding. Only this time, she was a boy standing tall and proud behind Jaime with the Targaryen crest upon his armor along with a lion sword in his grip. "Yes, yes we are."

"Forgive me for interrupting." The couple turned to see Lord Tywin in a shadowy doorway with Tyrion and Cersei behind him. "I could not help but overhear that I am to be a grandfather." Tyrion looked as if he could barely hold in his excitement while Cersei pursed her lips into an unpleasant smile. Tywin's eyes held a certain amount of pride as he looked upon the scene and Rhena smiled warmly.