[Volume 2] Chapter 3

Weiss patiently waiting out the minute left on her holographic clock displayed from her desk in the classroom of Professor Peter Port, whose dialogue is merely background nonsense as Jaune slides up next to Weiss.

Jaune: So, Weiss, y'know, uh, I-I was thinking after this, maybe we could go grab a bite to eat?  

Jaune Turns to the teacher for a second, then turns back around.

Jaune: And, uh um, I-I've got two tickets to that new Spruce Willis movie, if you wanna make the trip to . I hear it's awesome. 

He pauses as his words have no effect. 

Jaune: Aaaand maybe after that, we could study together? I mean, you're smart and I'm, uh... Y'know.

Finally, the clock in front of Weiss gives a shrill beep as it changes from 3:59 to 4:00, and she dismisses it with a wave of her hand. The professor is temporarily unaware of the alarm.

Port poses as a towering monster about to attack in his flashhback.

Port: And then I— Oh.  

 Straightens his stance as the students start to leave.

Port:Timed that one wrong, I guess. Well, the stunning conclusion to this story will have to wait. Until next time!

Jaune watches Weiss as she packs up her Scroll.

Jaune: Weiss? Did you hear me?

Weiss: No, no, no, yes.

Not even looking at Jaune as she walks away.

Upon hearing this, Jaune groans and does a faceplant into his desk. As the rest of Team RWBY walks out of class behind him, Yang ruffles Jaune's hair without even looking.

Yang: One day.

A closeup of Ruby's hands as she straps the red laces of her shoes. Switch to a closeup of Weiss' hand gripping the handle of strapped to her side. Switch to a closeup of Yang's over her left forearm as she slides the chamber. Switch to a closeup of Blake tightening the black ribbons around her arms. Switch to full view of Team RWBY's preparations, revealing their new outfits.

Blake: I thought that class would never end.

Blake can be seen approaching her bunk as she tightens her wraps.

Ruby:  Alright, guys, today's the day! The investigation begins!

She says from her position sitting on the hanging bed.

Happily leaps off her mattress and onto the floor, arms raised excitedly. She almost lands on Weiss, who is on the bottom bunk.

Weiss: I'm glad to see we're taking this so seriously.

She said dripping with sarcasm.

Yang: Hey, we've got a plan! That's... moderately serious.

Ruby: Right! Everyone remember their roles?

Weiss: You and I will head to the CCT and check the Schnee records for any other robberies or inconsistencies. Seeing as I'm in the family, it shouldn't be a problem.

Blake: The White Fang has regular faction meetings to hand out orders and recruit new members. If I can get in, I can hopefully find out what they're planning.

Yang: I have an old friend on the shady side of town that typically knows everything going on in Vale. Getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard...