Chapter 35: Sophie

"We're moving the two of you tonight."

I lifted my eyes to see a woman with blonde hair a little past her collar bone. I then turned to Keefe, who looked as if he'd seen a ghost. His eyes turned glassy, and the woman pursed her lips, probably the only bit of emotion she would allow us to see. She quickly left the room, and Keefe started to sway. I swung my feet over the side of my bed, my legs wobbling slightly from how long it had been since I had walked. I sat down across from Keefe, and grabbed his hands, tears forming in the corners of my eyes.

"KEEFE! KEEFE! Please! Come on Keefe you're really scaring me. I racked my brain for a way to bring him out of that kind of trance. When he started shaking, I got really desperate and leaned in and kissed him. He stoped shaking and his eyes cleared slowly. He shuddered and whispered, 

"Foster..." 

I didn't say anything as he hugged me and cried. I just held him, trying to comfort him and get him to tell me what happened. He opened his mouth to explain when a blaring alarm sounded. I heard shouting, and I think I heard someone faintly screaming, 

"It's the King's men! They've found us!"

 I cursed as 2 people in black cloaks ran in with...gas masks? Why were they wearing gas masks? I got my answer a minute later when purple mist slid in the room. I cursed again and grabbed Keefe's hand. Then the world spiraled into darkness.  

<><><><><><><><><><>

I finally get out of the sickly sweet black world only to awake to more darkness. Those stupid people in black blindfolded me! I almost laughed when I took in my surroundings best I could. I knew this place by heart. The wind rushing in my ears, waves lapping up against the side of a...small boat, the salty sea air filling my nostrils. Red Shore Cove. It connected to the Great Sea, if you went far enough. I lifted my head slightly and the roaring wind rushed past my ears and swept me into a kind of oblivion that seemed to wash out the world, drown out my thoughts, and erase my problems. I could hear nothing and no one as long as the wind of the sea was surrounding me. Eventually, I drifted off to sleep to the sounds of the waves crashing into the boat, and the knowledge that my father's men almost got to me today. And I knew they wouldn't fail next time. 

Yessss. Finally something solid. So who do you guys think the woman is? Hopefully it won't take me two weeks to update again! I'm so so sorry for the wait! Love you all, and thanks for sticking around this long! ♥️