10 | The Best I've Ever Had

Mateo's POV:

I avoided the conversation with Arabella as best as possible. It was clearly not a topic that could be dealt lightly. I know that people go through a lot of fucked up shit. 

But I've learnt the hard way not to get involved with others matters. I could see the way she ignored my gaze when we ate breakfast. She would walk away from me, every time the tension in the room becomes uncomfortable

I don't want her to rush and tell me all these things, because that doesn't build a stable relationship.

It only makes one more controlling than the other.

The door rang and I got up as usual, though she happened to have had the same idea.

We both walked to the front door of the house.

~~~

Diyore's POV:

I ring Mateo's house bell, needing answers. There's not way in hell he'd gotten married without his two best friends knowledge.

"Mrs. Salvatore. Mrs. Salvatore's husband." I walked forward without an invite, throwing my arms around both their shoulders. I stared down at the crutches in Mateo arms and nearly laugh. 

"Oh, why's a cat caught both your tongues." I tease, walking forward, then pulling away sitting on the couch.

"What do you want?"

"To talk." I smirk staring at the beautiful lady in front of me.

"You taking to me, then you looking at me too." I laugh at the jealously so evident in his deep voice.

"Yeah, whatever okay." I lean back, having one leg rest over the other, while staring at Mateo.

"So fucking talk dickhead." He knocks my legs over and sits a couple seats away from me.

"Have a seat Arabella." I pat the empty seat next me, with a smirk grazed into my face.

"Yeah, I don't think so. Sit here Arabella." He points at the couch away from me, and closest to him.

"I'll sit where I want. And I'm not sitting at all." She rolled her eyes and left me and Mateo alone, walking away to the stairs.

"I like Mrs. Feisty." I smile as the sound of her heels start fading into the distance.

"Watch it, motherfucker." He points his finger at me, only making me chuckle lightly.

"So when'd you two meet?" There's no fucking way he got married.

He's only had one girlfriend, and after that he's only had nightstands. There's no way he had a secret relationship, because he's always at the warehouse. And I've never seen her before.

"Why."

"Because I want to know more about my best friend's relationship." I smile sarcastically.

"At a coffee shop."

"When?"

"What did you want to ask me about. If you're here to talk about me and Arabella, leave."

"When'd you two meet." I ask again. He thought about it for a second, then sighing.

"A couple weeks ago." My eyes widen.

He got married to someone he met a little while ago.

"And why the fuck did you marry her then. You don't know shit about her. Were you drunk when you asked her to marry you."

"I never wanted to marry her." He confessed.

"So you were drunk when you asked her?"

"My dad, told me the only way to take over the Mafia was if I was married. So he found Arabella, since apparently her dad wanted in the Mafia. He arranged the two of us then."