Chapter 12

Tom's POV:

I am in my office with Harrison going over some related work stuff when the office door flies open and a very upset Hope walks in.

"I can't take this anymore Tom I need to go out." She says slamming her hands on my desk.

"You can't." I say going back to my paperwork.

"Why not? I'm going crazy here. Send me with security I don't care I just need to get out. I'm your wife doesn't that get me some privileges?" She asks folding her arms.

"No." I say making Harrison chuckle.

"Don't laugh." She points at him. " i hate you, this is all your fault."

"What, why is it my fault?" He complains.

"You brought me here."

"I was just following his orders." He says.

"Enough." I say before any of them can say another word. "You're not going anywhere Hope."

"Why not? You do know keeping people against their will is ilegal right?" She argues.

"You do know I make a living off of doing ilegal things right?"

"Tom, please." She says more calmed. "I am going crazy here all day without doing anything."

"No, and it's my last word. We still don't know who caused the shooting last week, it's not safe." I say obviously upsetting her more.

She grunts and gets out of the office, not without slamming the door on her way out. She has a habit of doing this and I've had enough. I get up and walk after her. When I reach the stair case she's already at the bottom and see her go in to the kitchen. I continue to follow but stop at the entrance of the kitchen when I see her walk up to the table where coffee maker is located at and where she is met by another man who is giving me the back.

"Ugh." She grunts as she approaches the man.

"Bad day?" He asks.

"Horrible." She answers.

"Here," he passes the sugar to her. "I hope this helps sweeten up your day." He says. Who is this man?

"Thank you. Are you new here?"

"Yes I'm Ezra, I started today."

"Well Ezra welcome, I'm Hope." She says and grabs her cup of coffee. "I'll go now, and once again, thank you." She adds and the man nods at her as Hope turns around to exit the kitchen trough the door that leads to the back garden. There she is met by Jacob.

"Hey Jacob."

"What's up Hope." Jacob says to her as the walk past each other. The new man, Ezra, is standing still looking at her smiling widely. Why is he so happy?

"Do you know her?" Ezra asks Jacob.

"Who? Hope? Yeah." He answer.

"Does she live here?"

"Yes, why?"

"Ah good, she must be some of the entertainments."

"Excuse me?" Jacob asks confused.

"Yeah, I've heard mafia bosses purchase women for their man to have some fun with, i guess it's like a reward for their work." He says and sighs. "I hope I get to have my fun with her, she's beautiful." I close my eyes at his words and I can feel the anger growing in me. What the fuck is this man saying?

Jacob almost chokes on his coffee. "Do you know who she is?" He asks and before the man can answer I step in to the kitchen.

"Hello."