34- Birthday

At night, Su Rui laid on the bed, held her phone, and immediately called Gu Yu Cheng when the clock struck midnight.

The phone just rang once and was answered.

"Happy Birthday." Without waiting for the person on the other end of the phone to speak, Su Rui said those words first.

After a second, Su Rui heard Gu Yu Cheng's soft chuckle on the other end of the phone.

"Thank you." Gu Yu Cheng said gently.

After a pause, Gu Yu Cheng asked, "You weren't asleep?"

"Of course, I was waiting to wish you 'Happy Birthday'." Su Rui smiled and said. She blinked her eyes and asked, "Well, aren't I early? Am I the first?"

It seems like there are a few insurances and car services and places where he signed up for a premium membership where the birthday texts delivered a little faster?

Gu Yu Cheng raised his eyebrows slightly.

"Yes, you are the first." Gu Yu Cheng curved into a smile and said.

"So," He paused for a short while and couldn't help but asked curiously, "What kind of surprise are you planning to give me tomorrow?"

"Surprise?" When Su Rui heard that, she blinked her eyes.

Actually, she wasn't sure if the gift she was preparing counted as a surprise.

If it had been before, when Su Rui celebrated her birthday by herself, she would wish that she would win 5 million during her birthday...

Ahem, realistically speaking, receiving a Golden Arches[1] birthday voucher, a super month's membership to Penguin,[2] and such would be considered as a surprise for Su Rui.

However, now that Su Rui became a fair, wealthy, and beautiful lady, she would probably not be pleasantly surprised by all of the above.

Then, if it is someone like Gu Yu Cheng, who isn't lacking in anything, should be even less likely to be surprised, right?

As for that suggestion from Classmate Liu Ling, that's not going to happen.

"I can't disclose anything yet." On second thought, Su Rui said leisurely and skipped the topic for now.

"But," When she thought of something, she smiled and said, "there's an option for you to choose first."

"What is it?" Gu Yu Cheng's tone had a hint of amusement.

"You can choose your girlfriend's opening method tomorrow." Su Rui said, slightly jestingly.

"Opening method?"

"Mhm." She nodded her head and continued, "For example, pure and lovely, cute and helpless-looking, dignified and imposing, and so on."

Su Rui was referring to her outfit for tomorrow and her makeup.

When Gu Yu Cheng heard that, he seemed to hesitate for a few seconds.

"Then--" It took a few seconds before Gu Yu Cheng spoke again, "I choose something passionate like fire."

Su Rui was a little dumbfounded.

Even though it was through the phone, Su Rui could hear the hint of "deep" in Gu Yu Cheng's voice.

Why do I get the feeling that this man's words mean something else?

It's just a misconception, right?

Su Rui muttered silently in her mind.

Sure enough, when he did not hear a response from Su Rui and after waiting for a moment, Gu Yu Cheng asked again, "May I?"