Chapter 7. This World is Fictional

Author's Note: Merry Christmas! (^▽^) I didn't know what to do to celebrate, so just take this chapter. Have a good holidays, everyone!

*****

Lucilline was tapping the surface of his desk with a slender finger. He gazed out in the distance. Boredom was visible in his golden eyes, which shone like the pupils of a sly cat.

Suddenly, he perked up.

Out in the distance, he could witness the sight of silver hair. That was Willow, his maidservant's iridescent hair colour. Lucilline was glad to see his maidservant back, but then, his happiness was halted to a stop. Willow was knocked unconscious, and hung at a young man's shoulder.

The young man had a fit figure, and stood straight as if nothing could harm him.

Then, he looked up. His eyes met Lucilline's, who was watching from the window and felt like his body had been washed over by a cold shower. Lucilline stood up from his desk, and his eyes thinned warily at the stranger.

The stranger seemed to recognize him. He carried Willow like she was his pillowcase, then extended out a hand. The stranger pointed at Lucilline and gestured for him to come over.

Seeing this, Lucilline expressionlessly closed his window and drew the curtain.

The stranger's strong gaze had finally left his body. Lucilline heaved a breath, slumping his back against the wall. "What should I do...?"

*****

The young man held Willow by his shoulder.

He domineeringly stared down at the manor's double doors, waiting for Lucilline to make his entrance. The young man was vigilant. He knew that he was confronting the great villain from the novel. He also knew that this great villain will harm the world from his evil schemes. Meaning, this great villain had to die.

The young man didn't know what cards Lucilline had underneath his sleeves.

Perhaps, Lucilline had a method that will kill him. Perhaps, today was his last day alive. However, the young man didn't want to reincarnate in a world that was eventually going to lose an entire kingdom. Even worse, it was the kingdom he was apart of.

The young man held onto Willow's frail and unconscious body even tighter. He was nervous and yet anticipating. Perhaps, today, he'll save Lydia Kingdom.

Suddenly, the manor's doors opened.

The young man awaited.

From within the shadows, a slender figure stepped out. Lucilline's skin was as fair as the moonlight's rays, and was as unblemished as a still pond. His raven black hair had been tied into a braid, resting on a shoulder like a bird perched on its branch.

"I don't remember inviting a guest." Lucilline smiled.

He extended out a gloved hand, with a bracelet strung of a copper bell. The copper bell rung twice in the nighttime's breeze before coming to a stop. "For what reason did you trespass?"

The young man found himself holding his breath longer than expected. By the time he came back to himself, his thick skin had begun to redden into a fair blush.

"I..." His voice was deep and thick.

Lucilline was the great villain, and was written to be more beautiful than a fair maiden. His prestige as the third son of Grand Duke Rubius made him unable to be messed with. All in all, he was the embodiment of what all noblemen wanted to become.