7

Is that Hayul? Kkami's with her.

I was going to go get him, but I noticed he was licking her face. What a strange dog really, he's always barking to every single person he doesn't know, he even barks at me from time to time, but look at him all friendly with her.

Why do I sound so jealous?

I came closer to her and Kkami. I noticed she was wearing different clothes than the ones she uses to do normal chores around town. It was a medium lenght white sunflowers dress. I guess I noticed it because she never wears something like that so it's unusual.

She was sitting near the creek, petting Kkami while he kept licking her face. I decided to go closer and get the dog back, as well as greet her.

"Hey!" I said. She flinched when she heard me, looking at me first but immediately turning her face away while she brought one hand to her eyes and rubbed them.

Kkami was sitting on her lap like he hadn't just ran  faster than light.

"Hayul?"

"H-hey Sam, what's up?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah Im great, why?" She sniffed quietly, but I still heard.

"If you were great, my dog wouldn't be licking your tears." I crouched and signaled him to come to me, but of course he didn't. "What happened?"

"Oh, this doggie's yours?" She turned her face back to me, smiling widely, but her eyes were puffy. "He's cute. He came out of nowhere very agitated so I gave him water"

"Hayul.."

"Sam.." she fought back. I actually felt bad. She was constantly trying to cheer me up whenever I felt bad, but I couldn't tell her anything, and now I know how she feels each time I don't tell her what's going on.

"Yup, he's mine. His name is Kkami" I decided to just chat a bit and maybe help her think of something else.

"I never saw him here before" she tilted her head, looking at him.

"My parents are visiting, so they brought him today."

"Ah, I see" she turned now to Kkami, "Aren't you a cutie?" She brushed his little cheeks carefully, he was still licking her and making happy sounds. "Unlike your grumpy owner" she glared at me.

"Hey! I'm not grumpy"

"You are"

"I'm not!"

"What ever" she laughed, standing up with Kkami in her arms. "Here" she handed him back, "go back to your parents, I guess he ran away" she referred to kkami.

"Are you sure you're fin-"

"Bye bye Kkami!" She kissed his head, he licked her chin back. "See you tomorrow!" She turned around and left without giving me a chance to say anything more, I felt uneasy.

I looked down to the calmest dog. "Why would you run away like that?" I started walking back, "and why were you so friendly with a stranger? What's wrong with you?". He just waved his tail side to side.
.
.
.
.
.
I spent the rest of the evening with my parents playing and laughing. They eventually wrapped everything up and got ready to leave.

"Are you sure you don't-"

"Mom, I'm fine, don't worry" I hugged her.

"If you need anything let us know, okay?" My dad hugged me too, I nodded. I said goodbye to Kkami too, and eventually they left.

I sat on the couch going through my phone, but the thought of Hayul appeared again and again. She didn't seem to be okay, she was sad and I could tell. I could tell because I've been feeling like that too, and trying to hide it from her.

I rolled over side to side without being able to think of anything else. What's wrong with me?

"Screw it" I stood up, grabbed a hoodie and put it on, as well as my shoes. It wasn't too late, but it was already dark. I closed the door behind me and went to look for her. I walked all the way up to her cabin, which wasn't that far from mine.

"Hayul?" I called knocking the door, but as expected, no one opened. I stepped back a bit to see if there was any light on, but it wasn't. I knocked a few more times again, with no response from the other side.

The creek where I found her and Kkami wasn't that far, so I started walking there. If she was there earlier, maybe she went back to be alone.

Midway, I stopped. Maybe she doesn't want me to be around right now, and now I'm hesitating if I should look for her.

While still deciding whether to look for her or not, I heard a noise from ahead, making me look up. She was coming from the creek's direction; she seemed to be playing with a little rock by kicking it as she walked. I walked one step to her, but as soon as she noticed me, she turned around and ran.

Am I a joke to her? I'm right there. I started running towards her.

"Hey! Why are you running?" I yelled, I don't even know what for, as clearly she wasn't going to reply.
I followed her all the way back, but it was hard to see her; she had changed clothes and had dark normal clothing.

I finally got to the creek. She thought I wouldn't follow I guess, cause she was resting her hands over her knees regaining air.

"Why did you run?" I asked again, making her flinch. She attempted to run away again, but I extended my arm on time to grab her own arm.

"Why are you behaving weird?" I scolded.

"Why are you here.." she whispered.

"I-" I really didn't know though. "I was looking for you"

"Why? What do you need?"

"Uh..oh uh noodles!"

She frowned at me. "Noodles?"

"Y-yeah I ran out of noodles and went to see if you had any"

"I thought your parents came today, didn't they bring stuff?"

"They..forgot?"

"You're such a terrible liar."

Not really. You don't even know my real name, or what I do or who I am, but that's because I chose it to be that way.

She sat down on the grass and sighed. I mirrored her movements and also sat down, at a considerable distance, just in case.

"How come you told me to rely on you whenever I felt bad, but you don't allow people to do the same for you?"