Chapter 2: Celebration

In Agrawal Niwas, an unusual hustle-bustle was observed today just from the main gate. The house was decorated nicely with white and pink draperies along with flowers. Anybody from outside can realize that a celebration is soon going to happen in the house.

Lots many guests and close relatives were invited and many puja preparations were going on side by side within the hall. All the furniture was shifted in the backyard for having sufficient space for doing Havan. Soon, the guest started arriving for the Puja. All eyes were waiting to see Rishi who is coming after the span of two years from his IAS training.

A long Puja was also specially organized only for his growth and bright future. A tall well-built statured man in his late twenties stepped towards Agrawal Niwas. He came in simple casuals paired with white sneakers. He had a backpack along with a trolley. He silently opened the main door, keeping himself away from the eyes of the crowd, slowly passed to the first floor through the stairs.

Rishika indicated to her Ma who was busy checking the arrangements, she said,

"There Bhai is...."

There came Rishi Agrawal in a simple plain-off white kurta manifesting his firm physique with a generous smile. He took the blessings of her mother and hugged her. His mother said,

"Where did it took so long to come beta?"

He said gently, " Ma, I was on time but the train got delayed by 2 hours...let it be. Just don't make it more late, let us start the Puja."

He went to his father and took his blessings as well. His father hugged him and they initiated the Puja. Soon, the Puja got finished followed by Havan. A grand lunch party was specially kept for the celebration of Rishi's Arrival.

Soon the guest settled on the terrace where all the arrangements were already made

Soon the guest settled on the terrace where all the arrangements were already made. Rishi accompanied his father for looking after the guests. His one of father's colleagues asked him, "Where is your posting beta...?"

He replied with a gentle smile, "Noida..."

After asking few such questions to Rishi, they were next discussing the workloads in the jobs. Rishika joined them in between and excused Rishi for a while. She said,

" Bhai, ma is waiting for you..." Rishi soon came to her mother as she called him to meet a few of her guests.

She said, "Listen what Radha is asking..."

Radha asked out of care, " Beta, when are you going to get married..?"

Rishi didn't react much. He says, "Please Chachi, let me first concentrate on my work. These all stuff can wait..."

He was about to leave when her mother holds his arm. She said, " Don't worry Radha, I will definitely bring a beautiful bahu for my Rishi soon. " Rishi hurriedly went from there.

His mother explained, "You really have to run even after your son has become IAS. Nothing changes easily..." Ladies started laughing at her statement. One of her relatives told her,

"Rishi has become an IAS officer. Jiji, you are going to get a large sum of dahej in his wedding..."

"It's exactly the right age for him to get married...." another commented.

Rishi's mother made up her mind to find the perfect match for her son. After having lunch, all the guests subsequently started taking leave, soon party got over. Rishi asked his mother when she was ordering the caterers," Ma, leave them. They will manage."

He brought her to the hall and asked her to rest for a while

He brought her to the hall and asked her to rest for a while. Soon, Rishika got tea and his father also joined them. Rishi said, "What was need to do this much Ma....? I just came back only from LBSNAA."

Her mother holds his arm and said, " How could I stop myself to celebrate when my only son completed his two-year IAS training and finally going to be posted soon. Let the world know about my happiness."

Looking at their proud faces, Rishi was elated for achieving a big milestone in his life. They all shared a good quality time together after so many years. In meanwhile, Rishi asked her mother about his school friends. Though he was only interested in one name. He curiously wanted to know what they are into after these many days. He asked, "Ma remember Nishita, what she is doing these days?"

His father said, " Pandey's daughter..? Rishi nodded, he replied, " Beta, she got married to Ram Verma's son a year ago, isn't it Meera...?"

Rishi's mother said, " Right Ji, we could not go to her wedding as we were in Ujjain."

Rishi acted normally as if it does not make a difference for him but in reality, it was the biggest shock ever that he could get. Soon, his mother and Rishika went for clearing the arrangements. Rishi informed his father that he is going out and soon will be back.

Rishi went to Ghat. He sat on a boat which was about to move with from the ghat. The boat was moving in water gradually with a flow but his mind got totally stuck when he got to know the only crush of his life had got married! It was a tragedic moment for him. He remembered those school days, the way they sat together. She always used to give her notes only to him. The way they were always paired together in class, all these sweet memories turn more hurtful for him.

He wanted to get the answers to all his questions. He took his phone and soon started searching her profile. He found in her posts that she looked happy after marriage. Looking at her Sindur, he could not think more of her anymore. He quickly sent a friend request to her and much to his surprise, she accepted it quickly. He texted,

" Why don't you wait for me Nishita....?"

He got an instant reply,

" You never confessed your feelings to me."

In another text, she stated,

"You strangely went to Delhi, cutting all contact between us. If you could have asked me to wait then, I could have waited for years."

This made it even more painful because now he felt that it was only his mistake that they are not together. He was hell guilty after getting her reply. Till then boat also came back to ghat.

He took his bike and started finalizing, that no matter what happens he will not get involved with anyone and only concentrate on his work for the rest of his life. He further decided that he will never express his pain to anyone and always carry a plastic smile with himself.

If you liked the chapter then make sure you vote and surely express your views through the comment.