Chapter 19: Rise of the Main Curtain (Rewrite)

"Begin!"

Given the signal, Raiser cracked his neck, putting his arm inside of his jacket, before he pull out the gun that Assassin had given him, he need to taunt the boy.

"I don't know what you two are up to, but do you really think you can defeat me even if you're at your best this time? What can possibly have changed in the span of two days? This will be quick. After I'm done with you, I'll teach a lesson to that insolent lowlife."

A mocking grin appeared on Issei's face as he clenched his draconic hand in front of him, which was still unnoticed.

"Oh, but there has been a lot of changes. However, I can agree with you. It won't take me much to beat your sorry ass." Issei declared, as the green orb on his gauntlet began to glow.

Ignoring Riser clenching his teeth, Issei sent a stare at his master beside the Maou.

"Don't take your eyes off me this time, Buchou! I'll defeat this bastard to bring back the smile to your face! Here I come! Boost!"

[Welsh Dragon Over Booster!]

The gem on his draconic arm emitted a blinding shine as a huge burst power of power overwhelmed the entire room. At the next moment, Issei's figure was enveloped by a red armor resembling a humanoid dragon with propellers attached to its back above the tail and several green gems over different parts of it.

"That's-!"

"The forbidden technique!?"

"A Balance Breaker!?"

Ignoring all the comments of the surprised audience, Issei set his gaze on Riser. The Phoenix heir's his once confident face was gone, gritting his teeth in anger, he need to end this now.

"This... You took the original form of the Red Dragon Emperor!?" Riser shouted.

He was spot on. This was the balance breaker of his sacred gear, the Boosted Gear's Scale Mail. A state that allowed him to temporarily tap into the original power of the heavenly dragon that could fight even Gods.

[Remember, partner. You have only but a limited time, we haven't train much on this form. Because of that your body won't last more than that.]

"I know, how long? How long till I can stay in this form?" Issei asked.

[If you don't go overboard, then it will be 4 to 5 minutes at best, but if you quickly use all the dragonic energy. On a single attack, then, it's only for a minute,]

"That's more than enough!" Issei reply with confident.

"Hehe..." Raiser let out a small chukled, now he truly will face the Red Dragon Emperor. "So this is the source of your confidence. You truly became a monster, looks like my luck back at the Rating Game was use up,"

Without any hesitation, Riser quickly pull out the pistol that was gifted to him by Assassin, under 4 seconds of being pulled, Ddraig only have a single second. To sense the anti-dragon property of the pistol, but it was already to late, as Riser pull the trigger, firing a single yet powerful shot through the chest of the Balance Breaker armor.

The anti-dragon property that Assassin had crafted, can be compare to the likes of Ascalon, but it was more to a downgrade version of the true Ascalon. But, even if it a fake, it still held the same anti-dragon property of Ascalon. Without noticing, the bullet went through the Balance Breaker armor, piercing through the left chest of Issei, and piercing straight through his ribs and lungs.

The bullet itself, was powerful when it came to contact with dragon skin, thus it pierce through the armor, and made a small hole in Issei left chest. It only took a matter of second, before Issei felt the surge of pain coming from his chest. That single bullet alone, is more than enough to force the Sacred Gear user, to fall under a mortal wound. Coughing out blood from his mouth, Issei grab the hole in his left chest, this was the first time, he had felt the pain from a bullet.