Overwhelmed

Requested by @satuwhothree

Being one of the only human exchange students proved to be harder than you thought. You hoped Solomon would understand your struggles but he seemed to be more at home than anything. You appreciated the brothers and boys at purgatory hall helping you and staying by your side, but even then it felt like you were alone.

Devildom was astronomically different from the human world, and trying to get used to the change took longer than you expected. You never once brought up the problem though, not wanting to worry anyone. You tried your best to fulfill your duties as an exchange student, but even that proved difficult.

All the work piled onto you was getting harder and harder to deal with. It was draining, but not once did you complain. Again, you didn't want to worry or disappoint anyone. So you put on a mask, pretending that everything was okay.

"Y/n, there you are. Can you please help me with these papers? Diavolo asked for your opinions on the matter." Lucifer said.

"Sure! I'll be happy to help." You smiled.

To be honest, you already had your plate full with some essays and other school activities you needed to finish. But you didn't want to let Lucifer down, so you accepted the work anyways.

"Thank you Y/n. I appreciate the hard work your doing for us." Lucifer said as he handed you the papers.

You trotted along the hallway, still trying your best to look cheery. Suddenly Mammon came bounding down the hall.

"Y/n! Thank Diavolo yer here! Listen I uh...I got into another fight again and got detention so I missed some lectures today. Can I borrow your notes for a while?" Mammon begged.

"Another fight? Ugh...alright. I'll give them to you in a minute." You shook your head.

"Thanks, Y/n! Yer the best!" Mammon chirped.

Levi popped his head out of his room, annoyed by all the commotion.

"What the heck is...oh Y/n! I've been meaning to ask, c-can you help me study for our potions exam? I'd ask Satan but uh...I don't wanna die." Levi chuckled nervously.

You wanted to say no, but again, you didn't want to let Levi down. So you tightened your mask and smiled.

"Hehe sure...we can study after I give Mammon something. Is that okay with you?" You asked.

"Y-yeah! I'll be waiting here." Levi said as he returned to his room.

You prayed that none of the other brothers were going to ask you for help. It's not that you didn't want to, but you were just so tired and out of it, you wanted to collapse onto your bed and sleep for a few days. You were at your limit at this point.

Just one more day of school and a whole week break would come, you kept telling yourself.

So after you gave Mammon your notes and helped Levi study for a while, which proved to be a bit of a challenge, Asmo came barging in begging for your help with something. Thankfully, Satan offered to help Levi so you could go off and help Asmo.

After that whole ordeal, you quietly snuck off to your room and laid on your bed, hoping to catch your breath before you started your homework.

As you were spacing out on your bed, someone came knocking at your door. You sighed. Seemed like you couldn't catch a break. You once again put on a smile and opened the door.

"Oh hey, guys! Is everything alright?" You asked.

"Beel wanted to know if you still have some star candy and I'm here because I can't fall asleep." Belphie rubbed his eyes tiredly.