Chapter 16

TW: Slight Violence/Abuse? I want to put a trigger just in case since I don't want anyone triggered by what the woman did(don't want to spoil too much trying to explain)^^ I promise it's not that dark or that bad, this chapter is just showing you a bit of your past.

                                             ~

"Mommy, I'm trying! I just can't seem to perfect my magic's right.."

"Well try harder! You're supposed to be my sweet perfect pumpkin!" The lady cooed to her child.

The little girl pouted as she kicked the small pebbles on the ground. "What if I don't want to be perfect.."

"What was that my sweets?" The lady crouched down to the little girls level, giving her a fake smile.

"I don't want to be perfect like you want Mommy! I want to play with the kids outside and fly around.." The little girl sniffed, looking down, trying not to look directly into the eyes of her mother.

"Sweets..you know you can't be like the others..you have to do this for me..for our kingdom.."

The tone in the lady's voice was sickly sweet, coating it to make it seem true.

"It's not for me Mommy! It's always about you!" The girl yelled to her mother, her eyes starting to flicker a certain shade of purple for a split second.

The girl suddenly felt a sting of pain on her cheek, then bringing her hand to touch the now pained spot.

"Don't talk to me that way! I'm doing this for us! Not just for me! When I step down you'll need to take my place! You need to perfect your magic's so you can be powerful like me! So you can be perfect like me! Even more! Be thankful you were born here in this kingdom instead of thrown out into the ratchet place."

"It's not a ratchet place Mommy! I want to see the beautiful place they have! I want to see other people like me! I don't want to stay stuck down here forever! It's dark and gloomy Mommy.."

The girl turned away from her mother, wanting to run off and hide.

"They aren't like you..they'll never be like you. You'll always be a monster. Just like me..and sometimes that's a good thing. People will be able to fear you! See your power! Our power! I will make sure of that."

The woman grabbed her daughters wrist, bringing her closer to her, her sharp nails digging into her daughters arm, drawing blood.

A purple glow shimmered around the little girl as she yanked her arm away from her mother.

"I don't want to be a monster! I never asked to be what I am! I want it to be gone! I just want a normal life Mommy! Without trying to be perfect!"

The girl sniffled more, tears running down the sides of her cheeks as she tried wiping them away.

The woman's eyes turned angry, trying to grab her child once more in a more forceful way.

"I've had enough of you!"

"M-momm-"

A purple glow grew from her mother's hands, it becoming brighter by the second.

The little girls eyes widened while trying to shield from the brightness, suddenly feeling pain from her head and her tailbone.

"You'll understand sooner or later that you have to sacrifice certain things for power and for your kingdom. You can't have a normal life like the others. You were made to have a different life than them! What I did to you will help you learn to not talk back to your mother! What a true monster looks like is what you are now..you're only a sliver of what you were before."