Chap 1: I'm sorry

Warning: mentions of blood and curse words because Bakugo.
Yeah Bakugo(edit: changes have been made in this chapter 03/12/21)

I stood there, fumbling with my dress as the young couples before me danced in sync. Their glorious dresses flurried along as their partners would glide them across the ballroom.

My heart was heavy, I searched the crowd of nobles to search for the face I loved. My eyes darted from person to person, groaning in defeat, I made my way across the ballroom, ignoring the snobbish stares that came my way.

"How dare she show her face here?"

"She thinks she's someone, now that she's marrying his Royal Highness."

"Has she worked hard for her position? Lucky peasant."

Ignoring their words, I moved swiftly, dragging the ball gown that was too heavy for me, as soon as my eyes met the man who I'd been looking for, I was dragged away.

Oof!

I glared at the person who pinned me against the wall, away from the eyes of the public. My e/c eyes met red, angry ones. I tsked and crossed my arms," What now Prince Bakugo?"

He continued to glare at me, I saw him taking a deep breath until he spoke, "You lied for him." I gulped and tore my eyes away from his penetrating ones, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

He scoffed, his both hands on either side of my head, "Don't bullshit with me. I'm not as dumb as the rest."

I inhaled sharply but still refused to meet his gaze, he continued, "He was the one who started the fire that day, he was the one who has been pulling attacks on All Might and Ponytail girl wasn't he?"

I immediately retorted," No he wasn't he-"

I was cut off immediately with his hands slamming against the wall, "Are you stupid? He's using you damn it. Are you that blind or did his sweet, loving words give you a permanent brain damage?"

I bit my lip, this wasn't the first time he confronted me for hiding his mistakes.

Everyday Bakugo would warn me that I'll regret protecting the man that I loved.

"You know it too don't you? I know you do." His voice went soft, as if a parent was trying to make his child understand. Bakugo wasn't a soft person, but it seemed like he really wanted me to understand.

"You don't want to be thrown away again right?"

My eyes widened remembering the words he told me before.

"I'm doing this for us Y/n. If you don't support me... then you'll be back with your brother Tomura, and you know...how he's like."

"Oi... You okay? Y/n?"

Bakugo's voice was drowned in the memories that reminded what would happen if I dared oppose him.

Him

"Touya... can you please tell me why you're doing this?"

"Doing what Y/n?"

"The attacks... that was you wasn't it-"

"Now now, didn't I say that everything will be revealed in proper time? Don't worry... I'm doing it for us. If ... you tell anyone however, well I'll be okay... but Y/n, who will protect you?"

"I-I understand."

"Good."

Blinking away the tears, I immediately snapped, "He must have his reasons!" I defended him and the light in Bakugo's eyes went out. His expression went cold, "Suit yourself, this was the last chance." He moved away from me and gave me one last indifferent look, as he walked away, I choked my words out,