CHAPTER 1

Meera's POV

I came out of the operation theater after a 8 hour long surgery. To say that I was tired would be a hell of an understatement. I head towards my cabin and throw my scrubs away. I open  my phone to find a dozen of texts from dad asking my whereabouts. I replied assuring him that I was fine and would be home in an hour.

                                                                            (Meera's office☝)

                                                                            (Meera's office☝)

After picking up my bag and coat I headed towards Karan's cabin. He is my best friend and is one of my only  friend apart from Liz who was there for me five years ago when I lost almost everything. His parents died when he was 12 and since then he has been living with us and is practically family. He is a neurologist and co owner of M&K HOSPITALS along with me.

Btw, I am Meera Singhania the only daughter of the famous business man Ranveer Singhania and a renowned cardiologist.

We , and by we I mean dad , Karan and I shifted to Mumbai, India after mom's death. A lot of things changes five years ago and staying in London was just a painful memory of all those things. Karan dint have to but he came with us anyways because we were his only family.

I went into Karan's office and he looked at me with a blank stare. 

"You know there is a fine word called knocking. Its also common courtesy when you enter someone's office", he said sarcastically. 

This is basically our whole relationship. We mock and tease each other as much as we want but at the end of the day he knows that I'll be there for him no matter what. Its the same other way around too. I know I can depend on him.

"I'm done for today so I'm heading home, are you coming?", I ask him.

"No, you carry on. I have a few more appointments ", he replies . I nod and head towards the door when he asks me to wait for a minute.

"Will you come tomorrow? "he asked slowly.

"Of course, why wouldn't I",I reply nonchalantly. 

"You don't have to act in front of me Meera . You and I both know very well what tomorrow is", he sighs.

"I don't know Karan. It depends on dad. He has not been well for the past few days and tomorrow is...I don't know", I replied truthfully.

"What happened to uncle. I thought the chemo therapy was going well", he asked.

Yes my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer a year ago .

"Even I thought so but 2 days ago the doctor said that how much ever they try to treat it he has a maximum of 6 months left most probably lesser than that." 

"And when were you going to tell me this ",he asked angrily

"I was going to but I just feel like everyone is leaving me ." This is true. First mom left me, then he left and now dad. 

Karan gets up from his chair and hugs me. 

"I'm sure everything will be fine. I'll always be here for you." ,he said running his hands through my hair soothingly.

" I know", I say while walking towards the door.

"I'll see you tomorrow", he says as I exit his cabin.

I took the elevator to the basement parking and got into my car.

                                                             (Meera's car)

                                                             (Meera's car)

Yes, I have a Aston Martin DB11. What can I say I love cars.

I sit in my car and start driving towards my house.

*************************************************************************************

That was the first chapter guys. what do you think of Meera??

Also the chapters will keep getting longer. Only the first few are a little short

I'm sure you have a few questions so pls feel free to ask and it will become more clear as we proceed. 

pls comment and vote

xoxo

Sakshi