chapter 12

we walk out into the large room me still trying not to trip over my laces as i walk infront of them. we see simon sat on a chair by the edge of the room so we walk over to him and he sees us.

he quickly stands up pulling his jacket on and starts to speak quickly to clary. i sigh knowing im not important in this conversation so i just climb into his chair and sit down swining my legs.

"Let's get out of here, just you and me gracie." he says as clary messes with the collar of his jacket."We can get Dot ourselves." he tells her quickly.

"simon there are demons out there okay?"actual demons with tentacles that wanna murder us."clary tells him making me look at her alarmed.

 i think izzy could see how scared i was so she came and took me by the hand walking over to a cabinate. 

"Do you know how to kill a demon?"clary asks simon serously looking at him.

"I'm an Internet search away."he tells her making izzy laugh.

"Simon, I really don't think it's that simple."clary sighs. 

izzy presses a button and it opens it making my eyes widen, i go to reach for one but im hand is grabbed lightly and pulled away. i pout looking up seeing jace there making me huff.

"careful gracie."he mutters making me pout even more.

"Fifty bucks says he doesn't approve this mission"izzy says before footsteps are heared and alec comes marching over.

"I don't approve of this mission." he says making me lugh since its exactly what izzy says. alec looks at me and i look away quickly feeling the bliush on my face."I spoke with the Clave. They're sending Seelie scouts to search for Valentine, but they made it clear, the red head and little girl does not leave the premises." alec rants making me alomst lose my balence at the nickname.

why the hell is he so hot?!

"Hey, my name is not "red head", okay? I don't care what that Clave thing or you want, I'm going to find Dot and my sister is coming with me." clary says reaching for my hand. i look up at alec seeing his annoyed face as he rolls his eyes.

"Alec, this warlock could have the answers we need. With Valentine's people out there searching for Clary and gracie, they're not safe outside alone."jace tells alec. i can feel alecs eyes on me as jace speaks but i dont make eye contact or even look at him.

"Jace has a point."izzy tells her brother making him huff.

"you two, Izzy? All right, since you have all the answers, where do you suggest we search?"alec asks crossing his arms looking at clary. she sighs and lets go of my hand making me sigh.

"We should start at Dot's apartment in Greenpoint, and there's this thrift store that she..." clary goes to say but suddnely she gasp really loudly making me look at her confused. seeing her hand wrapped around the necklace mom gave her as it glow's purple.

i whimper and go to run away but i feel someone place there hand under my arms and pick me up placing me infront of them and the put their hand on my shoulers keeping me in place.

i whimper watching clary come out of whatever dream she just had.

"clary?"i ask making her look at me. she breaths heavily rushibg a hand threw her hair.

" Weirdly, I think I know where Dot is."she says slowly breathing hevaily as she looks around at all of us.

"Great. I'll drive.."simons says making jace and alec and izzy look at him weridly.

"What?"jace asks confused.

"Unless you have, like, a Shadowhunter-mobile or something."

"that would be awesomne." i mutter making simon nod.