Twelve

"I am sick to death of fighting robots!" Maggie yelled as she blasted a group of robots away from her and Steve as they tried to stop the robots from stopping the evacuations of the now floating island of Sokovia. God, her day got weirder and weirder.

"You don't say!" Steve panted, throwing his shield to take out a few more.

A sudden wave of bots launched at them, sending Maggie and Steve flying back onto cars' windscreens. Maggie groaned as a dull thud bore through her body.

"Cap, Magpie, you got incoming," Tony said.

"No shit," Maggie groaned.

"Incoming already came in. Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job: tear these things apart," Steve said, yanking Maggie back to her feet. "You get hurt, hurt 'em back. You get killed, walk it off," he said.

"Great peptalk. I'm really loving the whole tough love vibe you've got going on," Maggie said.

"Just fight, Magpie," Steve teased, throwing his shield at a few robots near Maggie.

"Hey!" Tony's voice came over comms. "That's my nickname for Maggie. Yours is Little Romanoff," he whined.

"People are dying, guys," Bruce's exasperated voice came over comms.

"I'll tell you what Sherlock Holmes, you are unbelievable," Maggie said sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes and used her powers to send a few bots into buildings.

"Alright, we're all clear here," Clint's voice came over comms.

Maggie and Steve ducked as another bot joined the horde already trying to murder them.

"We are not clear! We are very not clear!" Steve cried.

"Alright, coming to you, then," Clint said.

A blue blur appeared holding a certain red witch. Maggie sighed but whistled loudly so they would come and help them fight the horde.

Wanda and Pietro ran over and a red mist started glowing in Wanda's palms. Maggie focused her energy on the horde and she felt the tingling feeling start to burn, but it wasn't a painful burn. It was a good burn.

Their combined powers sent the horde halfway across the city. They stared with wide eyes at the now almost empty courtyard. Clint, Steve and Pietro stared at the two of them, slightly astounded, also slightly proud.

Maggie felt Wanda's eyes burning into the side of her face and she turned to meet them. A small red ring ignited in Wanda's pupils before it disappeared. Her eyes, however, looked a lot more soft than they had a few seconds earlier.

"I'm sorry," Wanda said, slightly breathless. Maggie couldn't even force a word out of her lips.

Of course now was the time to have gay panic, Magdalena thought. God, her mom would laugh her ass off if she saw how stupid Maggie looked right now.

"Romanoff!" Steve snapped out of his daze when he saw Natasha running over to them.

Maggie's gaze snapped from Wanda's to meet Natasha's. A wide smile spread across her lips and she ran over, practically launching herself at her.

Natasha laughed as she caught Maggie, kissing her forehead three times in a row.

"Malyshka, how are you?" Natasha said.

"I'm glad you're back," Maggie mumbled into her neck. She let Natasha put her back on her feet. "Did Bruce tell you I'm connected to the Mind Stone?" Maggie said.