CHAPTER -53

Kritika's pov

We came back home and put her to sleep.Something strange had happened,I knew for sure  because the little girl whose eyes twinkled with the mere mention of her mother's name wouldn't behave in such a way after meeting her and plus Eva was with Alice for like only 10 minutes and that's it.

"Alice isn't picking my calls",Stefan dodged the phone on his bed with frustration.

"It's okay, we will get to her", was all I could stay.

"If she has to anything with this,I swear I'm gonna bury her alive."

Later that night,Eva was burning with fever and no amount of wet cloth or paracetamol was subsiding it and she repeatedly kept calling 'Mom' in her subconsciousness.All of this had something to do with Alice and Stefan has gone to get her. April has gone outside to get some coffee from the hospital canteen and I'm here sitting beside an unconcious Eva. Stefan thinks that if Eva gets to see her,she might help her feel better.

There was some movement and that means Eva was slowly regaining her concious and her fever seemed to subside a little too.
Thank God.

"Eva,baby,are you okay?",I asked as soon she opened her eyes and looked all over the place.

"Where am I?",

"We are at the hospital because you are sick.Now tell me how do you feel?",I asked her slowly stroking her hair.

"I have been feeling better",she smiled.

Clearing my throat I began,"So how has the meeting with Mommy gone.

Her smile slowly began to fade and she began to look elsewhere.

"It's okay Eva,you and I are friends, aren't we?and friends are supposed to share things with each other.You don't have to tell me this but just know that I'll be there for you when you need me",I kissed her forehead.

Her eyes began to well up and in no time tears started streaming down her cheeks and her nose started to show a shade of red,a trait that she has picked up from her father.

"Mum told someone that I'm not her daughter and that I'm Stefan's daughter but not hers",she wrapped her around me and pulled me closer.
"I don't want to see her."

Stefan was right,that lady is a bitch indeed.What mother refuses to acknowledge her own child?Eva was a broken kid but I guess she felt somewhat better at the lake and even this evening she was happy and all but she is shattered again and this time it is by her own mother.What could possibly be the reason behind it?A mother can never stop loving her child,let alone refusing to acknowledge them.I swear this night,I'm going to make it rather memorable to that bitch of a mother,she should never be repeating this ever again and I'm gonna make sure about it.

How do I comfort Eva and what am I supposed to say?
"Eva your mom's a bitch,that is all you can expect from her".
I remember the last time Stefan spoke I'll about Alice,Eva got backfired and she defended her mom.I can't even imagine the agony the little girl is having to go through.She is not close to Stefan because she thinks he is the reason that seperated her from  Alice and now she feels that her mom doesn't love her too.She is basically feeling unloved by both  her parents.

"Stefan loves you Eva,you can see it right?
He loves you so much and he keeps trying to get you.I know he has been away for five years but that is because he didn't know that he had a little girl awaiting him and apparently Alice didn't share your news with him until last month.You have your aunts and your granny and there you have me.We love you so much.You are such a good girl,and you should know that Stefan has been happier than ever after you came into his life."

She was quite and just looked into my eyes.
"I love him even more when he is with you",I chuckled.

She was still in my arms,her hands wrapped around my waist and she kept staring.

"I don't wanna see mum",was all she said.

"Okay,I'm calling Stefan,he must be on his way.Give me a minute",I pulled away and excused myself out of the room.I needed a minute to breathe and then I dialed his number.

"Eva doesn't want to see Alice.Come back."

"What?Is she awake?Did you speak to her?Has the fever subsided?"

"She is awake and upset.Just come back without Alice,I need to tell you something",I said.

"I'm on my way but what's wrong?"

"That bitch has caused enough trauma to Eva that she was burning with temperature a little while ago.She is a bitch and I really think you should bury her alive and I'll be the digging the soil",  saying this I disconnected the call.

Eva fell asleep and moments later Stefan showed up.

"Hey,how is she and what's wrong?",his eyes were full of concern.

"She is upset and she is feeling unloved".
I filled him about everything that Eva told me and his angry side was starting to show up again.

"Calm down",I patted his shoulder.
"Let's get Eva out of the hospital first and let her be healthy and then you can deal with Alice but this is not the right time.She needs you,she needs to know that her father loves her",I said.

"You're right".

Later that night,we took her back home.Everyone was stressed out so I suggested that everyone should get some sleep before she wakes up and that I'm gonna watch her and Stefan joined me too.We were both sat on the window sill facing each other and were quiet.

"When I met her,I was 18 and she is the first person I truly ever loved",he began and he had all my attention.
"I thought we were going to be together and in love forever but things didn't work out the way they were supposed to."

"What happened?"

"Alice wanted money so she started sleeping around with someone who could get her a nice job in Newyork and when she got it,she ditched me.I was 20,and I was in the middle of a tour when she texted me saying that she didn't want this anymore and all she wanted is her new life in Newyork and her new boyfriend.I was so shattered that I became sick and had to cancel the tour completely.She was pregnant with my child and she didn't tell me because I would stop her from achieving her dreams and she couldn't wait till delivery and then the media,she didn't want to draw attention that could stop her from flying to Newyork",he said.

"I'm sorry",I said and leant over him,my head was placed just below his chin and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"You have changed my miserable life",he said kissing my head and then I kissed the back of his palm.
"Thank you for everything.But for you,Eva would have never opened up and I don't know how I would've dealt with the situation.Thanks for being a friend to her and caring about her."

"Shut up,Stefan",I hit his hand.
"She is your daughter, she is s part of you so I'll obviously  love her",I said rolling my eye balls up to meet his eyes that were looking down at me.