chapter 13

climbing out of the back of simons van i look down at my shoes as i step into the mud and i pout.

"thats the problem with white shoes girly."izzy says looking at me sympathically. i pout walking away annoyed that my shoes are muddy now.

"Yeah, this place isn't creepy. Not at all." simon says getting out his van and walkinga round looking at everyhting. 

once again its still dark. there barrels with fires in them and lots of rubble around making me step back towards  everyone.

"Don't tell me you're afraid."izzy says looking around.

"Are you kidding me? I was born afraid... which sounded a lot better in my head."simon rambles making izzy chuckle.

i look over at the large old bridge that everyone is look at and i take a step back bumping into someone chest. almost losing my balence before they steady me.

i turn and see alec he nods at me and i blush truning around.

"Let's check it out."alec says going to walk ahead but i go aswell makin g him stop.

"Wait here a minute. I wanna see if it's safe." he says looking at me. i look around and see clary speaking to simon so i nod and he walks off.

i step next to my sister grabbing onto the side of her jacket watching alec,jace and izzy walking away.

"Why are we doing this? We don't even know these people."simon whispers confused.

i look over at the guys by the bridge seeing them having a hush conversation making me frown.

"I just wish my mom had trusted me enough to tell me about all this." clary mutters pulling me back intpo their conversation."i mean understand why she didnt tell gracie but me? she should ahve said something."clary mutters to herself.

i look around and the back at clary but she is already looking at me.

"What?" i ask looking at her a confused frown on my face,.

"How are you not ultra freaked out by all of this?" she asks me makin me shurg.

"like an advemture." i say smiling at her. she nods smiling at me before shel looks back at simon,.

"girls Come on, it's all clear."jace calls making calry grab my hand and walk towards the others. i hold on tightly to clarys hand since it starts to get draker since we leave the fire.

i look around and whimper making clary rub my ahnd with her thumb.

" Shh." she mutters making em be quiet.

we walk with jace ahead of the others and he starts to speak.

"You have to understand, the Silent Brothers aren't like us." jace says making us slow down our walk."the Brothers communicate without using words, using just their thoughts." jace says making me frown.

"like mind reading?" i ask looking up at him he nods back.

"cool." i mutter to myself.

"Don't let their silence fool you. They'll hold the Soul-Sword to your head, and with its blade, carve the truth from your mind. If you're not strong enough, you will die."jace explian to clary, i am so lucky i do not have to do that.

"not cool" i mutter again,

"Clary, you should know, the pain will be excruciating. You don't have to..."jace goes to say but clary buts him off by letting go of my hand and stepping infront fo him making him stop walking.

" I'll do anything. Walk through fire, battle demons, whatever it takes. I have to get our mom back. I can't... I won't lose her. gracie needs her more than you know." she says she mutters the last part so i dont hear it.