Chapter 44

"You disgusting manwhore" Lexi hissed at Brian.

Brian scowled. "My body my choice"

I narrowed my eyes as we walked along the side of the road. "What am I missing?"

"I went to his house last night because my laptop broke and I wanted him to repair it. But when I opened the door-" Lexi shot a glare at Brian. "This asshole was fucking two girls on the carpet"

I choked on my laughter.

"And believe me when I say my eyes literally bled"

Brian scoffed. "You're the one who didn't knock"

"You're the one who gave us your keys"

"Then give it back"

"You give my keys back first"

"I'm not the one who comes without knocking"

Both of them bickered as we walked to the Liuman advertising company which currently shoots the commercials for our latest phone model.

Brian and Lexi strode inside first but I halted as I felt a lingering chill on my back, as if someone was watching me. I craned my neck and glanced at the city that was buzzing with people but none seemed to be watching me. So I shook off the thought and followed my friends inside.

We were taken to a floor where the first half of the commercial was being shot. Their own studio.

We strode through a narrow hallway that had doors on either side -- which I realised were make up rooms and resting rooms for celebrities, models or any other guests.

The other end of the passage ended in a black curtain and when we parted it open, we were thrown into a massive photo studio with tall curtains and a bare wall with seamless paper rolling down from it. There were cameramen running around, equipments being fixed, make up artists perfecting the celebrities and our own marketing co-workers chatting in the corner.

Normally only two from our company come to monitor the shooting but today more than half of our department was here to avoid Lauren.

They waved at us and we walked over to them. I slightly parted the curtain on that side and it opened to a green screen studio which was also crowded with cameramen.

"Damn this place is so cool" Lexi said over my shoulder.

Suddenly Ashley squealed next to us and we turned around.

I followed her gaze and saw three male models walking in, hands tucked inside their pockets and charming smiles on their lips.

"Omg I think I can't breath" Lexi gasped "They are so freaking hot"

"Not as hot as Ian" I muttered and then realised what I just said. Shit. But it was too late. Lexi already heard it.

"Excuse me?" She looked at me in disbelief. "Are you falling for-"

"Omg look at that tan guy!" I quickly pointed to one of the models. "Isn't he so hot with his brown eyes and perfect abs? His body is sculptured like a Greek god" I sneaked a glance at Lexi and thankfully her attention was slowly drifting away from me to the hot guy.

"He's not that hot" Brian scowled.

"Just say you're jealous"

Behind that male model walked in a familiar figure with a scowl etched on his face. Daniel Collins.

Lexi's face beamed upon seeing him and she jumped up, waving her hand. "HI SWEETIE!"

My eyes widened and almost everyone in the studio turned to us.