chapter 8

"Hello?" I ask, entering the second door to the left of the dungeons.

It looks like a classroom. It has bottles of who-knows-what on shelves and tables taking up almost all the room.

"Yes?" a teacher asks.

"This ain't the Slytherin common room, is it?" I ask.

"No, that's on the right. You were shown them already"

"Well, professor Dumbledore wanted to see me after the feast, so I was never shown the room" I say.

"The password is pure-blood" the teacher says, and I nod my head.

"Thank you" I say and leave the classroom.

I walk next door and say the password. The door opens, and I walk in, seeing a girl sitting on the sofa.

"Excuse me?" I call. She turns to me.

"Are you Y/N?" she asks, and I nod my head.

"You're my roommate in the girl's dormitories. I'm Pansy" she says. I smile.

"Hi. Where are the girls dormitories?" I ask.

"On your right, downstairs" she says.

"Thanks" I say and head to the dormitories "Finally" I say and plop onto the bed with my stuff by it.

This is a school of magic if my stuff is already here.

"I can't believe that Potter thought I'd actually help her" I hear Draco say, so I listen.

"Who? Y/N?" Pansy asks.

"Yeah. She may be in Slytherin, but she's still a Potter" Draco says.

I don't want to listen anymore so I start unpacking.

~~~~~

Everyone is in transfigurations class, except Harry and Ron. I take a seat and professor gives us a task. We all start writing. I hear running so I turn to the door.

"Professor, I think someone's coming to the classroom" I say and turn to the cat, who is professor McGonagall. She nods her head. I continue writing. A moment later, Harry and Ron come in, panting.

"We... Made it! Can you image in the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?" Ron asks, but the cat jumps off the table, turning into Professor McGonagall in mid-air "That was bloody brilliant!"

"Thank you for that assessment, Mr Weasley. Perhaps it'd be more useful if I were to transfigure Mr Potter and yourself into a pocket watch. That way, 1 of you might be on time" professor says, a little annoyed.

"We got lost" Harry says in defense.

"Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats" professor says, then turns to me "Thank you, Y/N" she says and I smile, nodding my head before going back to my work.

~~~~~

We're all in our potions class, talking when someone opens the door, making it hit the wall and make a loud sound before closing it.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class" the professor says as he walks to the front of the class "As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the suble science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few... Who possess the predisposition... I can teach you how to bewitch the mind... And ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death" I hear the scratching of a quill on paper. It was so loud, how did no one else notice it? "Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in... Possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough... To not pay attention" the professor says, and the scratching stops. Guess he noticed. I look around to see Harry rest his quill in his ink bottle "Mr Potter. Our new celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Hermione raises her hand impatiently, but the teacher doesn't acknowledge her. Harry shakes his head "You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?" Hermione, again, raises her hand but is ignored.

"I don't know, sir" Harry says.

"And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?" the teacher asks.

"I don't know, sir" Harry says again.

"Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything... Is it, Mr Potter?"

"Clearly, Hermione knows. Seems a pity not to ask her" Harry points out.

"Sir, I'd just like to say that it wouldn't be possible for Harry to know this as he didn't find out about magic until recently" I add and the students in the room start laughing quietly.

"Silence" the teacher says and walks to Harry "Put your hand down, you silly girl" he says, and Hermione puts her hand down "For your information, Potter, asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful it is known as the Draught of the Living Dead" I quickly take out my quill and start writing as fast but as neatly as I can "A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons. As for monshood and wolfsbane, they are the same plant, which also goes by the name of aconite. Well... Why aren't you all copying this down?" the teacher asks and everyone starts opening their books, writing.

I'm done. The teacher walks to the front of the desk, taking a quill of his own.

"And Griffindors... Note that 5 points will be taken from your house... For your classmate's cheek. Slytherins, 5 points given for Miss Potter knowing information worth writing down" the teacher says.

Draco looks at me with a smirk.

~~~~~

Everyone is sitting in the Great Hall and I'm sitting at the Griffindor table. I don't care if I'm a Slytherin, and because of this, all the Slytherins are looking at me weird.

"Harry, there's something I need to tell you" I say, turning to him.

"What is it?" Harry asks. I sigh.

"I found out that... We're not related. I'm not your biological sister" I say quickly, waiting for his reaction.

"Who told you this?" Harry asks.

"Professor Dumbledore. But listen, just because I'm not related to you, doesn't mean I still won't treat you the same. You are my brother, blood or not" I say.

"I know. And you're my sister" he says and I hug him "What about your real parents?"

"My mother died the same way yours did and my father... He's... Away. That's all I want to say" I say, and Harry nods his head.

"Eye of rabbit, harp string hum. Turn this water into rum" Seamus is trying to cast as he flicks his wand at a water goblet. He looks in the goblet and shakes his head, trying again.

"What's Seamus trying to do to that glass of water?" Harry asks.

"Turn it to rum. Actually managed a weak tea yesterday, before-" Ron starts but an explosion happens.

Seamus was covered in ash or something similar.

A minute later, owls start screeching and flying into the Great hall.

"Ah, mail's here" Ron says.

Owls drops off parcels to almost everyone. Ron got a newspaper and a letter.

"Can I borrow this?" Harry asks Ron for the newspaper, and Ron nods his head "Thanks"

"Hey, look! Neville's got a Remembrall" Dean calls out as Neville looks at the clear orb he has in his hand.

"I've read about those. When the smoke turns red, it means you've forgotten something" Hermione says and a smoke appears. It turns grey, then red.

"The only problem is, I can't remember what I've forgotten" Neville says, looking between the Remembrall and Hermione.

"Oh, your robes" I say to Neville, making him turn to me.

He gives me a look of thanks and I smile at him, then turn to Harry, who taps my shoulder.

"Hey Y/N, Ron, someone broke into Gringotts. Listen. 'Believed to be the work of dark wizards or witches unknown... Gringotts goblins, while acknowledging the breach, insist nothing was taken. The vault in question, number 7-1-3, had, in fact, been emptied earlier that very same day.'. That's odd. That's the vault Hagrid, Y/N and I went to"