3❣️

Sabur was sitting on the janamaz in his room late at night, his hands were cupped in front of his face. He was making Duas for everyone as usual as his routine.

This wasn't his routine but moreover, her's. She always used to pray at night before sleeping and pray for everyone's happiness. He got to learn about this from her sister once during one of the conversations.

And before finishing his dua he asked for her betterment.

"Ya Allah, Uske lie behtari ke faisle farma. Wo jaha bhi hai, use sehat ata farma. Uski har tarah ki takleefo ko door farma. Uski har mushkilaat aasan farma. Uska naseeb accha farma. Use bahut mohabbat karne wala shauher naseeb farma. Uski har jayez khawahishaat ko muqammal farma.

Har tarah ki aafat, bala, museebat se uski hifazat farma. Uske haq me khair or behtari ke faisle farma. Aur mujhe sabr ata farma. Agar wo mere naseeb me likhi gai hai to mujhe aafiyat ke saath naseeb farma aur agar nahi he to mujhe sabr naseeb farma. Aameen." He mumbled and blew on his palms and then spread on his face getting up from his place. Folding his prayer mat he put it on his place and sat down on the edge of the bed.

(Allah, please make decisions for her betterment. Wherever she is, please keep her healthy. Remove every kind of problem from her, remove all hardships away from her. Make her fate brighter. Grant her a very loving husband. Grant all her wishes.

Keep every kind of problem, hardships and evil eyes away from her. Make decisions that are better for her in her life. Grant me patience. If she is written in my fate then grant her to me with ease and if she is not written for me then grant me patience.)

He sat down on his bed reminiscing the old memories he had with her. They were not very plentiful, instead of a handful but still at least they were.

Sabur has felt a dominant attraction towards her after the first encounter, he would usually catch her sitting in a corner of the library engrossed in her books after her classes. She was a very sincere and bright student as long as he got to know about her.

As time passed, the attraction became greater and the strong pull which he felt towards her also became more. He did have an idea about the thoughts brewing up in his mind and in

fear of doing something haram. They never had any kind of conversation between them, it was only a small polite smile she would give him whenever they would come face to face, that's it nothing else. He decided to divulge his family in the matter.

He belonged to a rich background while she was from a normal middle-class family, Eldest sister of two other younger sisters and had many responsibilities on her shoulder. When he talked to his family about the matter, his mother was not very happy with his choice as she

wanted someone who would belong to their status and position, but in front of her son's happiness, she couldn't do anything.

When his alliance went to her house, her parents were shocked, they couldn't understand how such a good proposal landed on their doorstep. But they asked their daughter's consent who wished to not get involved in any relationship before completing her graduation but her parents made her understand that they are not marrying off her now.

Seeing her parents ecstatic about the proposal she agreed to it but kept her condition of not talking to him which he accepted with a whole heart. After getting engaged, their engagement remained for a few months but when his mother's taunts and emotional drama went out of his hands. He kneeled in front of his mother, not having more patience in him.

His mother broke off their engagement but by that time he had already completed his final exams and started searching for his master's colleges which he intentionally kept out of the city. He avoided his farewell only because he couldn't gather courage in himself to face her.