Chapter 62: Y/N BLACK AND HARRY POTTER

Y/n Pov:

We were all at the great hall, for supper, though no one was eating. Everyone wanted to know who had been selected for the Triwizard tournament. I thought the tournament was dangerous, and was secretly hoping no one I knew was to get chosen.

Alas the time we all waited for had come. "The goblet of fire has been used in the Triwizard tournament for centuries, this year no different" Professor Dumbledore anounced. "Our first competior, representing Durmstrangs is" The goblet of fire change colour and a piece of parchment came out of it. "Victor Krum!" Professor Dumbledore exclaimed.

Everyone knew it would be Victor, he was head boy and the one who represented Durmstrangs. The Durmstrangs students cheered for him, while the rest clapped. Even I cheered for him. I was sitting beside him and gave him a pat on the shoulder.

"Next from Beauxbatons" Professor Dumbledore continued. The crowd went silent as another piece of parchment flew out of the goblet of fire as it changed colour. "Fleur Delacour!" Professor Dumbledore announced.

The Beauxbatons didn't cheer out loud, but did clap for Fleur. I had met Fleur in the morning at breakfast.

"Last but not least, from Hogwarts" Professor Dumbledore continued. The goblet of fire changed colour once more and a piece of parchment flew out of it. "Cedric Diggory" Professor Dumbledore exclaimed, with a hint of pride in his voice.

All the Hogwarts students cheered for him. I had a feeling it would be Cedric. Top boy, academically well, popular and brave, things the goblet of fire looked for.

I looked to the goblet of fire changing colour again. Why was it changing colour? Everyone had been announced. Two pieces of parchment flew out of the goblet of fire and Professor Dumbledore caught them.

The crowd fell silent as Professor Dumbledore looked at the pieces of parchment. "Y/n Black, Harry Potter" he read out. "Y/N BLACK AND HARRY POTTER" he yelled. My heart dropped. I glanced at Harry who was looking at me.

"Come here the both of you" Professor Dumbledore called us. I got up and so did Harry. Murmurs arose from the crowd as we made our way to the front. I had no idea how this had happened. A million thoughts crowded my head as I stood before Professor Dumbledore.

"Did you put your names in the goblet of fire?" Professor Dumbledore asked. "No sir" Harry and I chorused. "Did you ask one of elder students to put it in for you?" Professor Dumbledore asked.  "No sir" Harry and I repeated.

"We knew nothing of this professor, but since it is a mistake, are we to take it that we are not in the tournament?" Harry asked. I knew what the Professor was going to say next. "The goblet of fire has chosen you both, and per rules you have to take part in the tournament" Professor Dumbledore replied.