Chapter 12 : Alive

Taehyun leans against his bedroom door. His body was aching everywhere and his nose is bleeding nonstop. At this rate, he might pass out due to so much blood loss. He's shocked. Shocked that his roomate is a vampire and second, the dark flashbacks from his past trauma keeps replaying in his head.

He should have known it, the first time he met Beomgyu, the latter's eyes were crimson. He should have known why Beomgyu looks so pale daily. He should have known when Yeonjun almost slipped out the word 'us' during their conversation about vampires the other day. He should have notice it. He slumps to the ground as soft sobs coming out from his mouth.

His eyes the focus on the shiny sharp object in his hand.

A knife.

He should kill him. Kill Beomgyu. Afterall, vampires and humans can't be friends right? It's impossible and will never be possible. Only miracle can do it.

His hands are trembling as he was scared for his life. Scared that he might get bitten by a mere vampire. He thought that he couldn't see tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow or maybe even the day after that.

He's afraid to die.

He's afraid of dying.

He's afraid that his life would be taken away.

That's his number one fear, death.

If he dies, his friends couldn't see him again. They will loose their dearly bestfriend. His parents will loose their son. Their ONLY son. He will be missed by his classmates, teachers and even some mere strangers he had met and talked to randomly on the street.

His sobs started to become cries. He clasps his hands over his mouth as the knife in his hand fell on the ground with a loud clanking sound.

He doesn't't want to die.

Not yet.

There's so much thing he wanted to do. You could say that he's dramatic but for Taehyun, one's life compares nothing to some pennies and dollars. A life cost another life.

For Taehyun, life is precious. You only live once or more. But you only get to see only one version of you of yourself in different universe. There might be another you in a different universe that had gotten married to someone, there could also be another you rulling a kingdom by yourself and there could also be another you in another universe that was born as an animal.

We don't know.

But one thing for sure, we could only see one us that is present in this universe. That is why Taehyun is afraid of death. What if he dies and he doesn't get to reincarnated again? What if he dies, no one comes to his funeral?

Even if everyone did, all they did was apologise. What's the point? Why people only apologise when someone had died but not when that someone is still alive?

"I don't want to die"

He whispered under his breath basically talking to himself.  He hugs his knees. The event tonight, he would never forget. What's worst is, his room is in complete pitch black. The poor male's faint sobs could be heard echoing inside the small room.

***

Beomgyu climbs up the balcony after giving up on catching after Sunoo. He slowly walks around the room, looking for a certain silver hair male. He enters the kitchen but Taehyun wasn't there, the same goes to the bathroom. He glanced at Taehyun's bedroom before approaching it.

"Taehyun-ah"

He called. His voice sounded so soft. He feels guilty. Guilty for not telling Taehyun sooner. Guilty that Taehyun had to know from his enemy that he's a vampire. A royal one to be exact.

"Taehyunie?"

He called once again. Still, no answer. But he could clearly hear the faint sobs of the other male from the other side of the door.

"Taeㅡ"

"Go away!!"

Beomgyu flinches at the tone that Taehyun used at him.

"I'm sorryㅡ Taehyun, I need to talk to you, please?"

He pleaded. But Taehyun didn't even budge to open the door nor talking face to face with the older.

"Go away before I kill you, Choi Beomgyu"

Taehyun said sternly. Beomgyu bites his lips.

"No"

"I SAID GO AWAY!!!"

"I SAID NO!!!"

Taehyun scoffs, hands going through his silver strands harshly annoyed at Beomgyu's stubbornness.

"Not until you open this door and talk to me, Kang"

Beomgyu said full of determination. He doesn't care. Even if Taehyun kills him right there he doesn't care. He just wanted to explain everything and make up for it.

Silence.

"Taehyun, please. Just open the door, I just want to talk to you"

He pleaded. Then he heard a clicking sound from the other side of the door. The same door opened revealing a silver hair male glaring at him. Beomgyu smiles.

"Taeㅡ"

Stab.

Beomgyu's eyes went wide. He low-key did expect that coming.

Stab.

Again.

And again.

Beomgyu stumbles back. Taehyun pulls out the knife from Beomgyu's abdomen as the older falls on his knees clutching his stomach. Taehyun raises his hand that was holding the knife and proceeds to stab Beomgyu. The ravenette shut his eyes tight. A few seconds after, he felt no pain.

He opens his eyes and the knife was mere inches from his eyes. He adverts his gaze to Taehyun who was panting and trembling holding the knife.

"I... I can't"

He blurted. The knife slipped from his hand and fell on the floor with a loud clanking sound. Beomgyu's eyes soften. Taehyun was trembling and his lips was quivering repeating the same words again and again.

"I.. I can't do it"

He looked at Beomgyu. The older seems clueless.

"I can't stab you"

Was the last thing that Beomgyu heard from the younger before Taehyun pass out, but Beomgyu was fast enough to catch the younger in his arms.

"I've got you. I've got you, Taehyun"