chapter 18

"so what do you think about my brother?"izzy asks as we walk down the hall to his office.

"i dunno" i say giggling." he tall" i mutter pushing the door open."awec" i shout the moment i see him sat at his desk.

"hey whats up?" alec asks standing up quickly.

"jace think's he has a lead to the mortal cup."izzy says quikly before turning around and marching away.

"lets go."alec says grabbing my hand and we walk after her.

we all gather by a table a screen is up playing picture on it.

alec sits me on a chair next to him but my feet are in his lap.

clary is perched on the edge of the table and jace and hodge and izzy are stood up.

"Magnus Bane. He's over 300 years old. And, as you can see, he's not exactly shied away from the pleasures of every century."hodge speaks he controls the screen moving the pictures along."His tastes are both exquisite... and quite excessive."hodge explains.

"He looks like the Downworld's David Guetta."clary says making me frown.

"Guetta's already a Downworlder."izzy says making clary look at her surprised."Vampire? Ever seen him in the daylight?"izzy asks her smirking.

"he's handsome." i say rest my head in my hands looking at the picture of him on the screen.

 "Can you three focus? This is not a joke."alec says looking between us all. i sit up at the tone of his voice since its very stern.

"Alec's right. Now, Magnus is one of the most powerful warlocks I've ever known. He has a deep mistrust of Shadowhunters."hodge explains looking at us.

" Well, then why did he help our mom remove our memories?"clary asks confused."Isn't she a Shadowhunter?"clary asks looking at everyone,.

"Yes, one of the best. But "help" might not be the most accurate word. Now, did Magnus provide a service for Jocelyn? Perhaps."hodge speaks." But more than likely, your mother paid Magnus handsomely for his magic."hodge says placing the remote down.

" Warlocks usually require payment before they help anyone with anything."jace says sitting down.

"Word from the Clave is that most of the warlocks have gone into hiding since Valentine began hunting them. "alec tells everyone he sits up more shifting my legs in his lap.

"Valentine must be searching for the warlock, where did Jocelyn... "hodge speaks but he grunts since he mentioned valenties name.

i whimper and lean my head onto alecs shoulder.

"Hodge, your rune. You okay?"clary asks looking at him eyes wide. he nods in reply so i move my head so i can still rest it against alecs arm but i can see eveyone."So how do we find Magnus?"clary ask looking at eveyrone. 

"we dont.....maguns finds us." jace says corssing his arms."We'll set up a meeting, somewhere protected. Lure him out of hiding."he explains.

 "And I know exactly where we do it."izzy says grabbing the remote and switching the screen to a poster. 

"A Downworld rave.?"jace asks looking at it."where'd you get that ?" he asks looking at it frowning.

"During my surveillance of the Downworlders. From what I hear, Magnus likes to party."izzy says smriking.

"party?" i ask quietly looking at clary. she smiles sadly at me knowning this is gonna be a hard day.

" He'll never go for it. Not with Valentine trying to kill him."alec says rolling his eyes.