❥ 14. Ramé

Ramé (Noun)

Something which is chaotic and Joyful at the same time.

♡♡

Mahira stared at the crashed coffee mug, the white chinaware pieces scattered all over the black tiles around their table

Mahira stared at the crashed coffee mug, the white chinaware pieces scattered all over the black tiles around their table. She glanced at Veer who looked at the pieces in the same bewilderment, his eyes wide and mouth grimacing at the sight.

All what happened in the mere seconds, Mahira had yet to put her mind to. He uttered the words which came as a surprise to her but more of it, it was a shock for him who lost his grip on his coffee mug, sending it straight to floor.

"You want me to spend day with you ?" She voiced her surprise, shaking him out of whatever mental battle he seemed to be indulged in.

His lips parted, eyes widened, brows furrowed and a thoughtful Expression crossed his face. He nodded after full 5 seconds.

"You look confused and shocked" She stated glancing at the waiter who seems to be grumbling under his breath.

Giving an apologetic smile to the waiter she looked at him.

Veer shook his head, rubbing a hand on his face, he gestured to someone for cleaning.

"I'm sure, Yes. Spend the day with me" He straightened on the seat, squaring his shoulders.

Mahira bit her lower lip and winced as the jolt of pain shot through her wounded lip, she immediately left it and tried soothing it with her tongue.

"Mahira" He growled as if in pain and she snapped her eyes back to him, His fingers clutched around the check receipt the waiter hovered to collect from him. "Yes or No ?"

He signed the receipt and gave it back to the waiter who twisted his lips seeing the wrinkled paper.

"I'm waiting" He Reminder her and she sighed in defeat. She didn't had any important thing to do at work but why did he wants her company for the day ? She pouted her lips thinking.

"Why ?"

"Why what ?" He frowned confused, something he was too much in last few minutes.

"This day. I mean all of a sudden why ?" Mahira asked.

"What if I tell you there is no specific reason for this ?" He cocked a brow and Mahira could see his usual calm and composed demeanor coming back. "I want to know you more, You said you'll let me in"

Mahira smoothened the table cloth, trying to come up with any thing but couldn't. She looked up with the snap of his fingers, urging for her to say Yes.

Slumping she nodded "Yes"

The Charming smile which rested on Veer's face had the power to swoon every female present in the café. Mahira composed herself before giving her hand to his extended one.